• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nissan Dealership made me drive an unsafe car...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

venice350z

What is the name of your state? California

I am not sure if this is the right place for my post but here's my story.

I drive a 2004 Nissan 350z. I took in my car to the dealership because my car made clanking noise from the engine after driving for about an hour. They told me I needed a new transmission and that it was covered under warranty.

When I went to pickup my car, everything seemed to be working just fine. But when I tried to shift to fifth gear, the shift nob would not budge into gear. It seemed like a piece of medal was in the way. It just would not go into fifth gear. I stopped my car and tried shifting to sixth gear and that was impossible. Luckily, no one was hurt and I took my car back to Nissan immediately.

Do I have a viable case to perhaps seek monetary compensation? Nissan acknowledged that I was given an unsafe vehicle and apologized. Please help...

Just because you couldn't shift past 4th gear doesn't make it dangerous. In fact it made it safer because you couldn't go as fast. So, no i dont think you can sue. The only thing you can do is get them to fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">