• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nyla Bone almost kills dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Even though it's been five years since this thread was asked and (wrongly) answered.. I would like to show my support to the owner and woman who clearly followed the instructions based on the package... For those in the 'real world' of dog ownership this happens whether you are there or not. The product was specified as unbreakable/un-splintable and also she bought the recommended size for her dog... IF your dog 'swallows' the supposed 'inedible' Nylabone even though the large size should have deterred that :eek: Picture this idiots.. in the real world a dog is chewing, chewing, chewing and then swallowed..!!! What idiot thinks that supervision is monitoring their dog three inches away.. and then 'oops' it's swallowed - and you think we as Owners can stop that happening in a fraction of a second..??? :confused: Very sad for both dog and family, hopefully the dog made a full recovery... :)
Despite these idiots discention and unhelpful advice - I hope you contacted the manufacturer and reported the incident, also that the Vet Clinic also reported the incident to the manufacturer as professionals should, and at the very least the manufacturer acted upon your information and changed their packaging with your breeds size and recommend a size larger...
The only one who seems to have provided incorrect advice (5 years after the fact, no less) is Lost Dogs (who, by the way, should better supervise his dogs so they aren't lost again). Fortunately this incorrect advice DOES come 5 years too late for prlady51, so that prlady51 does not erroneously believe she has any legal action to pursue.

Nativity's Post #9 posted Nylabone's disclaimer and all others provided the correct legal advice for prlady51.

An aside: One of my dogs fashioned her Nylabone into a shiv within a very short period of time so we now give her Kongs to keep her entertained - and the Kong, so far, seem indestructible. Second aside: Kids have swallowed pennies before but the U.S. mint is not held responsible. Just as children need to be supervised so marbles do not go up noses and pennies are not consumed and toys are played with as recommended, dogs need supervision, as well. You must monitor what they are playing with and what they are chewing. Common sense. Third aside: I think a certain banned someone misses this forum and has decided to visit incognito. Gotta love the writing-style clues!!! ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
quincy's right - it is the OWNER'S responsibility to supervise the animal. Honestly? A 5" would be smaller than I would be comfortable giving a pug. I have beagles (so, medium sized dogs) and always go one size (at least) larger than suggested. And don't ever believe "indestructible" - mine have all been able to kill Kongs, although it takes some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">