• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pepsi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrarian

What is the name of your state? IL

Has anyone attempted to sue any soft drink manufacturer for their products leading to, or contributing to diabetes?

Since I was a kid I drank a lot of soda, Pepsi and Mt. Dew a lot (coke and others as well but Pepsi and Mt. Dew were the main ones). Last year i was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and I'm under 40.

As increasing evidence is showing that these drinks are contributing to (and becoming a significant in) early diabetes, I'm curious what (if any) liability they may have towards the consumers.

justalayman

How about you sue your parents for letting you drink all the soda.

Next thing you are going to want to sue the sugar manufacturers for making sugar.

When are lifes idiots going to take responsibility for themselves?

quincy

I personally blame pepperoni pizza for all of my life's woes, but I am waiting until my woes increase a bit more so that I can bring a massive lawsuit in the future.

CourtClerk

Although I have a MASSIVE addiction to Pepsi...

I also blame cheesecake and skittles in the red pack for all my problems and the extra couple of inches on my hips...

Class action anyone?

Curt581

The thing is, I just don't like people coming into my house. I'm a card-carrying tin foil hat paranoid conspiracy theorist libertarian nut job who likes his privacy. I don't like or trust the government at all.
Except when you can use a government function (Civil Courts) to line your pockets.

Since I was a kid I drank a lot of soda, Pepsi and Mt. Dew a lot (coke and others as well but Pepsi and Mt. Dew were the main ones). Last year i was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and I'm under 40.

As increasing evidence is showing that these drinks are contributing to (and becoming a significant in) early diabetes, I'm curious what (if any) liability they may have towards the consumers.
I'd be willing to bet that if the government suddenly began advocating bans on these products as health hazards, you'd be asking how to sue the government to stop them from infringing on your right to drink whatever you wanted.

Do you want LESS government intrusion (fire equipment inspections), or MORE government intrusion (product liability suits) ?

You can't have it both ways.

navdoc

Try this it might work.
1. Put the fork down.
2. Get off your fat butt and take a walk.
3. Stop blaming others for the poor choices you have made in your life.:rolleyes:

Just Blue

Although I have a MASSIVE addiction to Pepsi...

I also blame cheesecake and skittles in the red pack for all my problems and the extra couple of inches on my hips...

Class action anyone?
I have recently contacted a lawyer regarding a suit against Ben And Jerry.....It is my stance that they should put a warning label on their pints.

"Consuming this product in it's entirety ,after the age of 30, will result in a fat ass"

JustAPal00

As ridiculous as it sounds, in my opinion it’s no worse than the tobacco law suits. Everyone knows smoking is bad for you and has for years. Look at some of the stupid warning labels on the products you buy due to lawsuits from people who are idiots. Of course it’s dangerous to ride a bike at night on the roadways!

Has anyone attempted to sue any soft drink manufacturer for their products leading to, or contributing to diabetes?

not unless they tied you down and forced you to drink it. what an idiot for even asking. but hey, anyone can sue anyone for anything....you would just be wasting your money in filing fees. you're better off using your money and time in a membership at your local gym. quit blaming yours for your choice.

HomeGuru

**A: another plaintiff in a class action.

joeydamonmom2

It's situations like this that aggravate me, people that sue over products that can be controlled by themselves. They recieve millions upon millions of dollars,live happily ever after, and over frivilous law suits, and then there are "products" that are dangerous and that we have no control over, then the manufacturer finds "a way out" and the innocent people are hurt in the process. With no compensation, or very little, for lifelong issues. Listen here people, obviously you can read, or you would not be on this forum, and obviously you have some intelligence... why don't you stop using the internet to "get rich", and find fault with things that are your own doing, the world does not owe you anything. Instead use the internet to educate yourself on sugar consumption and a normal healthy balanced diet. Also why don't you read the back of the can!!!
I'll try to be nicer, if you can try to be smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">