• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phen-fen sttelement money. Is it taxable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustratedone98

What is the name of your state? Texas

I'll be receiving a settlement shortly. Is the settlement money taxable?
If it is, is it taxable only on the portion I receive or on the settlement amount (the rediculous amount going to the attorney)

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Texas

I'll be receiving a settlement shortly. Is the settlement money taxable?
If it is, is it taxable only on the portion I receive or on the settlement amount (the rediculous amount going to the attorney)
You should probably ask this question in the tax forum.

bonniegirl60

Phen-fen settlement More Detail on Taxable

I do not know the difference between - Compensatory damages and Punitive damages. Can you explain please so that I can figure out if my Phen-fen settlement is taxable or not.
Thank you,
Mary
Nebraska

Last edited:

ceara19

Compensatory damages are compensation for your actual financial losses caused by the other party. Punitive damages are awarded to "punish" the at fault party and to discourage others from committing the same or similar offenses against others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">