• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

piece of glass pop bottle almost swallowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frisco2

I had purchased a six pack of Schweppes Ginger Ale.They were the 10 oz. bottles. I was on my lunch break at work. I had a couple drinks and found a piece of green glass in the bottle. When I pulled the bottle away from my mouth that piece of green glass was on the back of my tongue.

My tongue was not cut and I am not sure if there were any slivers in the bottle. I contacted the bottling company and what I received were coupons..I feel that I may be entitled to more than a couple coupons. I have witnesses that saw me take the glass from my mouth..The bottle is not damaged.The pepsi company sent me a box for me to send the bottle to them for testing..Should I send it and am I entitled to more than just a coupon.

I am from Ford City PA....and my name is James Shankle....this concerns me because I have a 5 year old girl that has also drank those.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Frisco2 said:
I had purchased a six pack of Schweppes Ginger Ale.They were the 10 oz. bottles. I was on my lunch break at work. I had a couple drinks and found a piece of green glass in the bottle. When I pulled the bottle away from my mouth that piece of green glass was on the back of my tongue.

My tongue was not cut and I am not sure if there were any slivers in the bottle. I contacted the bottling company and what I received were coupons..I feel that I may be entitled to more than a couple coupons. I have witnesses that saw me take the glass from my mouth..The bottle is not damaged.The pepsi company sent me a box for me to send the bottle to them for testing..Should I send it and am I entitled to more than just a coupon.

I am from Ford City PA....and my name is James Shankle....this concerns me because I have a 5 year old girl that has also drank those.
My response:

James, there's an old saying in the law - - "No harm, no foul".

In order to collect money, you need to have suffered damages. Fear of injury isn't enough.

And, if you had this experience, why did you give your little girl one of these bottles ?

IAAL

A

ace-red

IAAL-
I think you missed something in the part about his little girl. He is stating that the daughter also drank a bottle from that 'pack'.

Sorry James, the answer is still :

No harm, No foul

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">