• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic Found In Cookie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richie48015

I bit into a piece of plastic from a fig bar that I bought at Walmart. I contacted Walmart and they turned the claim over to the company Bentonville.
I explained that this has made my tooth hurt, and that I don't have insurance to cover going to a dentist.
They want me to send the plastic to them when I recieve the prepaid box they are shipping to my address in Michigan.
All they offered me was a coupon for a free item in the Great Value line at walmart.
Should I sue them? Should I also send the plastic to them? I am in michigan.What is the name of your state (Michigan)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but you have not hit the deep-pockets lottery. Thanks for playing!

Richie48015

I don't know what my damages are, as I don't have the money to see a dentist. I was hoping they would offer to pick up the charges for visit, after all, it happened eating their fig bar.
I still am unsure if I should send the piece of plastic, as I might need this if I file a claim against them.
My tooth hurts and aches all the time since I bit down hard on this plastic piece.

Zigner

I don't know what my damages are, as I don't have the money to see a dentist. I was hoping they would offer to pick up the charges for visit, after all, it happened eating their fig bar.
I still am unsure if I should send the piece of plastic, as I might need this if I file a claim against them.
My tooth hurts and aches all the time since I bit down hard on this plastic piece.
If you don't have the money to pay for a dentist, then you haven't seen a dentist in quite some time (presumably). Perhaps it was hurting even BEFORE the cookie.

Richie48015

You Guys are Not Helpful

I thought that this was legal advice, not pick on the question maker. Cookies are $1.84, a dental exam in this town is $100 bucks. Seeing how it was not my fault that my tooth hurts, I was hoping they would pick up the cost. I guess I will just file in small claims since this website is just a forum for wanabe comics.

Zigner

I thought that this was legal advice, not pick on the question maker. Cookies are $1.84, a dental exam in this town is $100 bucks. Seeing how it was not my fault that my tooth hurts, I was hoping they would pick up the cost. I guess I will just file in small claims since this website is just a forum for wanabe comics.
Filing in small claims court is your right. Let us know how it goes!

Beth3

The cookie manufacturer has no incentive to pay for a visit to the dentist in order for you to find out whether you have any damages.

mommyof4

If you can't afford dental care, one would think that it would be unwise to be eating sugary junk foods....

Maybe the plastic you came across was a blessing in disguise.

Zigner

The cookie manufacturer has no incentive to pay for a visit to the dentist in order for you to find out whether you have any damages.
You make a good point. Currently, OP has no proven damages. Thus, nothing to recover in SCC!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">