• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plastic in my food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mulder

What is the name of your state? Iowa
About 3 weeks ago, I bought a bag of 'Dole' pre cut lettuce. I opened the bag, poured some lettuce out into a large bowl and poured on the salad dressing and sat down to eat. While eating my fork hit something very hard. I picked it out with my fork, it was a piece of molded plastic. Looks like it could have broken out of a crate. I took many pictures with my digital camera and sent it to Dole. They said since I didn't choke or have any body damage, there is nothing I can do about this foreign material in my food. Is this true? Since I was not hurt or killed, I can't do anything about it?
If someone is truely interested, I also have the pictures that I can send so you can get a better idea.
Please help me in this matter.
Thanks in advance for any help.

You Are Guilty

Mulder said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa
About 3 weeks ago, I bought a bag of 'Dole' pre cut lettuce. I opened the bag, poured some lettuce out into a large bowl and poured on the salad dressing and sat down to eat. While eating my fork hit something very hard. I picked it out with my fork, it was a piece of molded plastic. Looks like it could have broken out of a crate. I took many pictures with my digital camera and sent it to Dole. They said since I didn't choke or have any body damage, there is nothing I can do about this foreign material in my food. Is this true? Since I was not hurt or killed, I can't do anything about it?
If someone is truely interested, I also have the pictures that I can send so you can get a better idea.
Please help me in this matter.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Help with what? You already got the answer.

rmet4nzkx

I'm sorry, but since you found it and it wasn't harmful in any way you have no injury or loss in the legal sense, did they offer you any free produce/product for your trouble?

ENASNI

Well

I guess its too bad you didn't choke or get harmed or almost die or something..
Or else they would have had to really Dole out the greenstuff...

Oh I am sooo bad.... :eek:

Mulder

rmet4nzkx said:
I'm sorry, but since you found it and it wasn't harmful in any way you have no injury or loss in the legal sense, did they offer you any free produce/product for your trouble?
Yes they did...a coupon for a free bag of lettuce.
So.....is that saying that Dole company and I are now even?

Mulder said:
Yes they did...a coupon for a free bag of lettuce.
So.....is that saying that Dole company and I are now even?
No way, your claim is worth at least two bags of lettuce. I would contact an attorney about suing.

rmet4nzkx

Rhubarb297 said:
No way, your claim is worth at least two bags of lettuce. I would contact an attorney about suing.
I thought about that too. Dole lettuce is frequently on sale buy one get one free, OP would be expected to mitigate their loss and could get the second bag that way, now if it had been a worm. :eek:

ENASNI

naaahh

rmet4nzkx said:
I thought about that too. Dole lettuce is frequently on sale buy one get one free, OP would be expected to mitigate their loss and could get the second bag that way, now if it had been a worm. :eek:
Hate to differ here but in this "Atikins age" they might say

Hey free protein whats your prob.. gordo?
Ya know?
\
\
(Gordo wasn't you Rmet... :D )

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">