• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!! Pro Se against 3 Major Companies!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyt94

What is the name of your state? We now live in Arkansas, but accident happened in Texas, our mailing address is a Texas Address.
Back in April 2006, I bought a Coleman Powermate 3500 watt generator from Cash America Pawn. The machine had a 7 day warranty and a verbal garranty from the Manager that it was a safe and reliable product. Three days later my husband and I awoke, the generator had quit. I thought it was out of fuel, but my husband had just filled it a few hours before, he went outside to check and restart the generator. Me and our three small babies were sitty in the livingroom in the darkness awinting the light and air to be restored. I heard the first attempt to restaret the Tecumseh engine on the Coleman generator, and the came the second attempt. It did not start, instead I heard a loud clank and the a huge explosion that lit up every light in our 3 bedroom mobile home!!:eek: MY HUSBAND! I thought he was dead, but he came bussting in the back door still trying to patt the fire from his body. Long story short and I'll get to the important question that I do have. The fire department came, my husband sufford 1st, 2nd, & 3rd degree burns down the most part of his front side of his body, had he been wearing more clothing, lord only knows. Wehired an Attorney after finding that the pawn shop was willing to give us back our 300.00 or another generator, but said nothing of my husbands injuries, or the trauma caused to me and our children! I reseached alittle further and found out that that Coleman Generator w/ a 10hp Tecumseh engine was listed on the USCPSC website. Tecumseh Power Co. had recalled the engines built on many outdoor power equiptment including this coleman powermate generator. The recall was in 2002 for a misrouted fuel line that became loose posing afire hazard, & the other was in 2006 for a faulty fuel line. The lawyer we hired did nothing for us, he did not even keep in contact with us. All the research that was done, I had to do. Well, here it is, he was licenced in just Arkansas and not Texas and failed to tell us this untill a couple of months before the time woul run out to file suit. He informed us that we would have to get a Texas lawyer to file suit for us!! We tried, no one had the time or want to get our case in full order basically from the beginning, where it would be ready to file in the Disticrt Court. So I had no chouice but to dive right into a pretty scary place and try and do this mysef, Pro Se. I have filed the petion and there are 3 defen. & they had sent answers, but I am now stuck at what I do next. I know this is the Discovery period?! What do I do if the answers that are filed by the defendents, are objectiable? What do I do? How do I submitt evidence, like pictures, medical records and bills, ect.? Is there a certain way to file these things? I do need to get everything filed and submited before I request the hearing date, right? It is all Overwhelming to me!! If any one has any advise, Please Help! It would be a blessing.:eek:
Thanks for listening,
tyt94

VeronicaLodge

you have no clue how to try a case and i can assure you these 3 big companies have experienced lawyers who do. you need to get a lawyer to represent you. its fine you filed and preserved your rights, but you need to get a lawyer now, there is no way you can do this on your own. i mean you can but you have already told us you have no idea how to, that is what a lawyer is for. just find a texas product liability lawyer.

ecmst12

If you can't find a lawyer to take your case, you WILL lose. Keep looking. At least you were able to file to preserve the statute, but you need representation or you might as well drop the suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">