• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressure Washer Hose ASSAULT/defective product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bdehaven

Need some advice please in Maryland. I bought a pressure washer from a local store.The third time I used it the pressure connection didn' t hold and blew off striking me in the eye and face.I have been to the hospital and eye doctor, No real bad damage so far.Just a bad blackeye and sore eyeball. The pressure hose was only inserted 3/8s of a inch, It should a been put in a inch or better.The crimp didn't hold and it blew off.This a serious defect if you ask me.I have reported this to the Product Safety Comm.Can I recover damages from this and if so how much.Also the company is coming by and they want the hose and quick connect to get it tested. Should I trust they wont lose it.This is my only proof. Can anyone help me with this.Thank You bdehaven

Last edited:

bdehaven

It was not the quick connects that came off.It was the pressure fitting that holds the hose on.This was done at the factory.bdehaven

tranquility

It seems as though it could a defective product, most probably from a manufacturing defect. (If a design defect, the case gets a lot harder.) The company will point out the instructions said you should wear eye protection when using the product. They will say the instructions told you to do a proper inspection before using and you did not. There are other possible defenses or mitigating circumstances as well. (Did you buy a floor model or was it in a box? Etc.) That does not mean they win, it just means you don't have a slam dunk.

Because you were not too badly damaged, I'd let them inspect the hose. Take pictures to protect yourself a little, but this is not a big deal. You are entitled to be made whole. That is how your damages will be measured. The cost of treatment and a little "owie" money is all you could expect if successful. You will have to go to court and prove everything up to get this if you don't give them the part, while they may just settle if you do give them the part and you're right.

weenor

Tell them to inspect the washer and its component parts at your home with you in attendance. You won't know what they are talking about during the inspection, but you will have everything explained later by the very expensive expert that you will have to hire down the road.

bdehaven

Thank you all for that advice, I have taken pictures and I think I will let them take the hose and coupling.I'm not expecting much any how.I am how ever a little angry that I did get hurt from this product of no fault of my own.I am really concerned about the safety of product. I have a man coming out from the Consumer Product Safety Commission tommorrow to inspect it and take a statement.I would like to answer one question in the post.I was wearing glasses and did inspect the machine and hose,there was no way to tell that the hose only went so far in .I am very safety conscience. Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">