• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product Liability Lawsuit for Failed Breast Implant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

audioresearch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts.

Circa 1976, my wife had breast implants put in at a hospital in MA by a doctor who lived in and was based in MA. The surgeon, who is now dead, assured both of us that he only used saline solution implants to avoid risks from the other type, silicone implants.

During a recent physical exam, it was discovered for the first time that these implants had burst and that we were lied to and the implants were actually silicone. Before that exam, my wife had no idea there was a problem.

Because this has littered the inside of my wife's breasts with large numbers of silicone bits and pieces, it makes the reading of mammograms nearly impossible.

We have no idea if the manufacturer of the implants can be determined.

We wish to file a lawsuit if it would have a reasonable chance of success. What should we do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts.

Circa 1976, my wife had breast implants put in at a hospital in MA by a doctor who lived in and was based in MA. The surgeon, who is now dead, assured both of us that he only used saline solution implants to avoid risks from the other type, silicone implants.

During a recent physical exam, it was discovered for the first time that these implants had burst and that we were lied to and the implants were actually silicone. Before that exam, my wife had no idea there was a problem.

Because this has littered the inside of my wife's breasts with large numbers of silicone bits and pieces, it makes the reading of mammograms nearly impossible.

We have no idea if the manufacturer of the implants can be determined.

We wish to file a lawsuit if it would have a reasonable chance of success. What should we do?

To me, it appears that you have no case against the doctor (through his estate, bond, insurance, or otherwise) based on the 7 year statute of repose. Whether you have a case against the manufacturer is another matter.

You will want to contact a local medical malpractice attorney for assistance with this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">