• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product ordered from reputable website caused my wife and I to have seizures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lucky2beAlive

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I ordered a product online (PHENIBUT) from a reputable weight lifting website & supplier. I ingested it one time on the day it was delivered only to lose 2 days of my life to a life threatening seizure. While I was unconscious in the ICU on the 4th of July , my wife went back to our home to gather a few things. On the verge of a panic attack (due to my critical state) combined with the fact that the cause of my seizure was not yet determined, she came across the product that I had ordered. Remembering what I had told her about it. Specifically that besides its intended purpose of gaining muscle mass, it is also reported to help people sleep & REDUCE ANXIETY. Tempted by the prospect of the latter side effect, she proceeded to ingest the recommended dose. Flash forward three days & my wife was just discharged this morning after an extremely frightening hospital stay. I had thoroughly researched the product and basically the only warning I could ever find was to not consume it for more than a few days in a row due to potential withdrawal symptoms. I feel extremely upset at the fact that I lost several days of my life & NOT TO MENTION THE HORROR OF WAKING UP TO MY WIFE COLLAPSED ON THE FLOOR CONVULSING) It absolutely disgusts me that this product, at this very moment; is featured on the front page of liftmode.com ! Apparently Amazon dot com has recently quit selling this product due to presumed negative health consequences of consumers. Neither of us have ever had prior seizure activity, ever. I ripped out several IV's in an unconscious fuss. My arms are bruised like a back alley, junkie. This has been an absolute nightmare for my entire family! Do I have any options here?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

I ordered a product online (PHENIBUT) from a reputable weight lifting website & supplier. I ingested it one time on the day it was delivered only to lose 2 days of my life to a life threatening seizure. While I was unconscious in the ICU on the 4th of July , my wife went back to our home to gather a few things. On the verge of a panic attack (due to my critical state) combined with the fact that the cause of my seizure was not yet determined, she came across the product that I had ordered. Remembering what I had told her about it. Specifically that besides its intended purpose of gaining muscle mass, it is also reported to help people sleep & REDUCE ANXIETY. Tempted by the prospect of the latter side effect, she proceeded to ingest the recommended dose. Flash forward three days & my wife was just discharged this morning after an extremely frightening hospital stay. I had thoroughly researched the product and basically the only warning I could ever find was to not consume it for more than a few days in a row due to potential withdrawal symptoms. I feel extremely upset at the fact that I lost several days of my life & NOT TO MENTION THE HORROR OF WAKING UP TO MY WIFE COLLAPSED ON THE FLOOR CONVULSING) It absolutely disgusts me that this product, at this very moment; is featured on the front page of liftmode.com ! Apparently Amazon dot com has recently quit selling this product due to presumed negative health consequences of consumers. Neither of us have ever had prior seizure activity, ever. I ripped out several IV's in an unconscious fuss. My arms are bruised like a back alley, junkie. This has been an absolute nightmare for my entire family! Do I have any options here?

Thank you in advance!
Taking any sort of medication, without consulting with a doctor first and if not ordered by a doctor while under the doctor's care and supervision, is beyond stupid.

See an attorney in your area if you believe Phenibut did not post proper warnings. The attorney will advise you on whether you have a case worth pursuing.

Taking any sort of medication, without consulting with a doctor first and if not ordered by a doctor while under the doctor's care and supervision, is beyond stupid.

See an attorney in your area if you believe Phenibut did not post proper warnings. The attorney will advise you on whether you have a case worth pursuing.
It wasn't medication! It was a product that's intended purpose was to increase muscle mass. ;)

TigerD

It wasn't medication! It was a product that's intended purpose was to increase muscle mass. ;)
Yes. It is medication. It is a psychotropic drug.

DC

Beaten to the draw again. I hate using this phone. It takes forever to post...

Proserpina

And as such, is unregulated and unapproved by the FDA.

I'll throw out a line here - OP, look at your bottle. Does it make any specific statements about efficacy and/or safety? Or do we have just one more supplement with dubious clinical benefit?

xylene

You must be terrible, terrible, terrible at research to not have questioned the safety of this unapproved drug and be aware of the issues.

Do you even know how much you took?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thank you in advance!
If you were in the hospital, how did you wake up to your wife collapsed on the floor convulsing?

Gail in Georgia

"I had thoroughly researched the product"...

A simple two second "google" search would have brought up a number of sites stating that this product HAD NOT BEEN TESTED IN HUMANS.

People are so stupid when it comes to ordering products that are advertised as nutritional supplements. These products DO NOT have to be either researched nor approved by the FDA and quite frankly, you have NO idea what's in them when you order them.

Gail (a Registered Dietitian in so-called real life).

quincy

There are no FDA warnings on the labels because the FDA has not tested the product for use in humans. It is not approved for use in the U.S.

Because Phenibut is an unregulated drug, that means it is up to a consumer to consult with a doctor or other health care professional before using it. It is dangerous to put any substance (whether it is marketed as a nutritional supplement or not) in your body before investigating the substance, its risks, and how it might affect you personally.

And it is not like there is not plenty of information about Phenibut and its known side effects online. There is.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">