• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just me12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
The question I have is, is there a data base to search class action suits, and amount of awards, my mother claims she was notified she was to receive a settlement from vaginal mesh lawsuit,Problem this was 6-8 months ago and she has been in a nursing home and now is telling me to find it????? I talked with her Lawyer and she told me she had no idea and to start online, so here i am.
thx

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The question I have is, is there a data base to search class action suits, and amount of awards, my mother claims she was notified she was to receive a settlement from vaginal mesh lawsuit,Problem this was 6-8 months ago and she has been in a nursing home and now is telling me to find it????? I talked with her Lawyer and she told me she had no idea and to start online, so here i am.
thx
The case likely isn't complete yet...these things can take YEARS. I recently received my $7.43 from a case that I was first notified of about 3 years ago.

quincy

The question I have is, is there a data base to search class action suits, and amount of awards ...
Yes, there are databases where you can search for class actions. You can go to ClassAction.Org for a list of class action suits currently in the courts and for a list of those that have been settled. The settled suits list the terms of the settlement and the payment amount ranges. In order to collect on a settlement, you generally must have proof that you are a member of the class.

ClassAction.Org: http://www.classaction.org/list-of-lawsuits

You can also check out Consumer Action.Org and their list of class action lawsuits:

http://www.consumer-action.org/lawsuits/

...my mother claims she was notified she was to receive a settlement from vaginal mesh lawsuit,Problem this was 6-8 months ago and she has been in a nursing home and now is telling me to find it????? ...
You will want to locate the settlement notification your mother received, as there are several different companies that were and are being sued over various and assorted vaginal mesh devices. Many vaginal mesh suits have not been class action suits but individual actions filed against the companies - and many of these have settled.

Again, in order to collect on a class action settlement amount, it is generally required that you provide proof that you are a member of the class.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">