• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocksolid1

New York...My son who is 3 eats a can a chicken spread on bread for dinner sometimes. I opened the can of chicken and found a blue piece of plastic in it. I'm not looking to get rich from this, but is there a chance the company would consider a settlement. Just thinking of building my son's college fund some. Do I even have a case? Is this a waste of time?I wrote to the company and told them what happend and they gave me 2 options, either send it to them to look over and I can get some coupons or have a lawyer contact their insurance dept.

rocksolid1

It's a product made by Underwood and not found in all stores. Here is a link to their site if you want to look at it. It is basically a can of tuna, but chicken and it is pureed so you can spread it on bread. My son is autistic and it is one of the few items he eats, It does look kind of nasty but he like it.

http://www.bgfoods.com/underwood/underwood_products.asp

No damages happened but who knows what could have happened. If I did not see it and my son ate it, even though not big enough for him to choke, who knows what could happen. Maybe I am reaching and I really am not looking to take advantage, but I read stories about people finding something in food that should not be there and being able to collect something for it.

Just Blue

It's a product made by Underwood and not found in all stores. Here is a link to their site if you want to look at it. It is basically a can of tuna, but chicken and it is pureed so you can spread it on bread. My son is autistic and it is one of the few items he eats, It does look kind of nasty but he like it.

http://www.bgfoods.com/underwood/underwood_products.asp

No damages happened but who knows what could have happened. If I did not see it and my son ate it, even though not big enough for him to choke, who knows what could happen. Maybe I am reaching and I really am not looking to take advantage, but I read stories about people finding something in food that should not be there and being able to collect something for it.
You get nothing for "what could have happened". As a matter of fact a Judge would serve you on a piece of bread for wasting the courts time with such a BS suit.

ecmst12

No damages = no case. Sorry, you did not win the lawsuit lottery, better luck next time. Lawsuits are based on ACTUAL DAMAGES, not hypotheticals. A mistake that results in no damages is just a mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">