• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racing Parts Plated, Ruined the Parts !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephano1

:confused: We run an outboard racing business. We are always looking for an edge in horsepower . We contacted a major company Ionbond as they were advertising for some coating that they plate onto internal parts to reduce friction. They do work for VW , several other auto makers and the military. We sent a sample, and it came back very nice. We then sent them our very best racing rods. These are $350 each (times 6) plus the cryo treatment, balancing and polishing we have had done. About $2500 worth of parts. They took 2 months to get them back to us, because they were having problems plating them. When we got them back, they were ruined. Ionbond used acid to try to remove and recoat the rods. They are total scrap. HELP ! I have been calling them for 6 months now. I need to take some action. What should I do? Please email me or reply. Thanks!

racer72

Please choose a Forum below to read or post a question - US Law Only - YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Tell us which part of the above, which happens to be on the top of every page on this site, did you forget?

stephano1

Sorry

Not sure I caught your reply correctly. My state is ILLINOIS. The parts were sent to North Carolina. Hopefully someone can help. I have photos of everything and thought about sending a letter to them before getting an attorney involved. Maybe I should go straight to the attorney phase after waiting this long? Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">