• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refrigerator -- NOT COOL (lol)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have a 17ft. Frigidaire FRU17B2JW refrigerator. In the last 3 yrs, I've had service on the same thing, (R-134a keeps leaking out) a total of 4 times. The previous 2 yrs a total of 3 times. It's now, amazingly, out again. I'm at a loss as to what to do here. How do I approach the company? I have other items from them, and they've been virtually problem free. I dunno what the deal seems to be with this one.

I have all the documentation, and to be honest, I think I'm probably entitled to something here, right? I mean 7 times of losing all my food? Seems excessive to me. Just a little advice is what I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone, and God Bless...

Lol...I knew I had a funny feeling. lol

I get that. However, I'm thinking that there has to be something I can do about this. Seems silly to me I would have to pay to have to replace a fridge that has had nothing but the SAME problem. Especially so many times. Anyone got any ideas?

Ok. So I called the company. After like 35 minutes on the phone all I can get, they say, is a 10% discount on a new one. This is completely nuts to me. Why would I buy a new one? This one didn't last me 5 yrs. even. They also claim that they only show record of one repair. However, I offered multiple times to fax them copies of all my work orders, they of course refused. I'm curious now. What can I do? What rights/options do I have? I'm out a fridge now, and it's starting to get irritating. Thanks guys/gals. I really appreciate it.

Oh, and by the way, while R-134a is in fact toxic, it disipates rapidly through out the air, and since no ones house is completely sealed, and doors/indows are constantly being opened and closed, but more importantly, there simply isn't enough in a short amount of time to do any damage to a human, fo as small as the refrigerant system is. I got a nice lesson in R-134a from a couple engineers yesterday. lol

Thanks again.

Hoe1979

I hope you checked with your home insurance or your rental insurance mine covers 1000.00 worth damaged food if something like this happens.

Haha. You guys are awesome. I actually did just that. They made me aware of a portion of my homeowners that will cover 50% of the new cost of the fridge. Plus, I got their 10% off the initial price, so I'm sitting decent I guess. Not nearly where I think I should be, but close.

Thanks a ton.

FarmerJ

No more calling them , SEND your complaint to them via registered return rct mail SO some one has to sign for it and you learn who it was that signed. Include copies of the repair invoices and tell them after the last phone call this is there last chance before you begin to look for a consumer affairs television program to air your complaint.

Ahhh...Both very good ideas. I had considered suing, but didn't want to sound like "one of those people," who sue everyone and everything.

Monday first thing, I'm sending them a letter. Thanks so much guys.

I've had it just under 5 yrs. It's not covered under any warranty any longer. However, While under warranty, it has under went many repairs. Some of which I had to pay for a service call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">