I live in Lafayette, Indiana. I bought a "Robi-Comb" from the local Meijer store for about $25.00. (Robi-Comb is a battery operated (2 AA batteries) comb that is used to "electrocute" head lice. My children attend a school where head lice are a common occurance, thus, to keep from using so many pesticides, I bought this comb because it claimed " a 2 minute combing once a week would prevent re-infestation." The last occurance of lice in our household has been about a year, but I, myself, kept a steady regimen of once a week combing because I was so disturbed about the thought of bugs in my hair. My children used the comb about once a month or less. 8 months ago, I started noticing my hair breaking off almost at the roots. (where the directions tell you to begin combing.) I never thought about the Robi-Comb causing the breakage, but 2 days ago, I did a quick comb through of my 4 year old daughters hair. THEN I noticed pieces of HER hair in the RobiComb, and they were broken off. My daughter is a healthy 4 year-old and I am a healthy 43 year old. My 6 year old son has breakage, also, but his hair is always kept pretty short so it is not as noticable. Last year, my hair was shoulder-length, and today it is about 1 inch long. There is no other explanation for the hair loss except the RobiComb.
Do I have a case?? If so, can someone please tell me what steps to take?? THanks! Thumbelina