• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rock in Salad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivas240sx

Hello my name is Christian from Houston Texas

Yesterday after washing and preparing my Fresh Express salad I ran in to a rock in my salad it hurt right away I ran to inspect my tooth and there is a chip and a crack on it now.

I've ran in to something like this before but I thought maybe it was a piece of chicken bone, but I never knew because never kept whatever I had spit out. This time I spit it out and it was a rock now in two pieces because it broke when I chewed on it along with my tooth too. Its about 3mm.

I'm having to make an appointment for my dentist to look at it, I'm really agravated at this, I know its going to cost 500-1000 dollars. I always wash my salad before I eat it this rock must of been wrapped inside a salad chunk.

I called the emailed the Salad maker but no answer so I called today and they are closed even so in their working hours and days. Can anyone help me with this?

I dont know what to do, I cant afford to get this fixed at the moment but I'm in pain.

J

Jeref

If you kept the rock and whatever the salad was in, I'd check with a lawyer but I've heard of other cases like this and I'd bet you could sue for more than just your dental bill! Especially so if other people have also been victims of rocks in salads. You might want to ask around and see.

outonbail

There are probably allot more "victims" suffering from rocks in their head than there are those injured by rocks in their salad. Although, I'll bet both groups share allot of the same members. :eek:

fairisfair

There are probably allot more "victims" suffering from rocks in their head than there are those injured by rocks in their salad. Although, I'll bet both groups share allot of the same members. :eek:
Well Jeref is one rock in head member that we won't be hearing from again!!

rivas240sx

Ok, so I heard back from the Salad company, and they filed a report with their insurance company called Specialty Risk Services SRS. I'm suppose to call them back today any ideas what I should and should not say?

Thanks, in advance

rivas240sx

No one can give you any advice till you hear back from the manufacturer.

Racer 72,

I heard back from them last week they filed a report with their insurance company, they called me yesterday but I was not around, I'm suppose to call them back they are called Specialty Risk Services....

Any ideas what I should say and not say?

Thanks,

rivas240sx

Also... let me add I did go to my dentist and it turns out my tooth did crack and now will need a cap costs at over 1,000 dollars.

Ozark_Sophist

They are going to want the rock to examine it. If you send the rock to them, they might claim it wasn't the cause of your tooth damage because ... [insert excuse here] ... and refuse to return the rock, which makes a civil case more difficult. Allow them to examine the rock in person, if they wish, but do not allow them to take it before you consult with a personal injury lawyer.

Have the dentist provide you with an estimate. When the insurance company calls, let them know you are in pain and are suffering and you need to get the tooth fixed immediately. The longer they delay, the more pain and suffering you will experience.

rivas240sx

They are going to want the rock to examine it. If you send the rock to them, they might claim it wasn't the cause of your tooth damage because ... [insert excuse here] ... and refuse to return the rock, which makes a civil case more difficult. Allow them to examine the rock in person, if they wish, but do not allow them to take it before you consult with a personal injury lawyer.

Have the dentist provide you with an estimate. When the insurance company calls, let them know you are in pain and are suffering and you need to get the tooth fixed immediately. The longer they delay, the more pain and suffering you will experience.

I did get an estimate from the dentist and was faxed over to the insuarnce company. I will call the insurance company today to see what they say. Should I contact an injury lawyer before calling the insurance company.?

rivas240sx

Ok, I got a call from the company insurance and they sent me a Authorization for Release of Personal Health Information. Should I sign it?

rivas240sx

Could you elaborate on your answer?

Release of health information is very personal, and from what I understand for claims its not regulated by HIPAA. Could they use my information to deny the claim?

Do they even need this?

Thanks in advace

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They just want to make sure that you didn't have a bum tooth PRIOR to eating the salad. Since you're on the up-and-up, you don't need to worry about it ;)

JustAPal00

Just take the free dental work and drop it! This is the reason that this country is going to pot! Everybody wants a free ride! If you were injured by a rock in your salad, you deserve to have your tooth fixed and thats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">