• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rv defective

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy hastings

I bought a used as is motorhome 37 foot only has 24600 miles I had it delivered never driven one I got it there and lo and behold kitchen sink leaks the water line going into the RV leaks it was busted the vent cover on the refrigerator of the roof was missing so when I called them all and the plastic on the floor they didn't take off it won't come off the window leak causing water damage under the plastic when I called them they said no you take the plastic off we don't I said it clearly states your responsible on the plastic and they said no they're not going to send anybody out when I asked about the windows they said well you're just have to talk it I said what about the damage he said you bought as is when they got up there today to replace the roof vent over the refrigerator you could clearly see the entire top roof is rotten what is my recourse against this place even though it's as is do I have legal recourse since I only have less than 25000 miles on the RV can I return it and have the bank stop the transaction or not

quincy

I bought a used as is motorhome 37 foot only has 24600 miles I had it delivered never driven one I got it there and lo and behold kitchen sink leaks the water line going into the RV leaks it was busted the vent cover on the refrigerator of the roof was missing so when I called them all and the plastic on the floor they didn't take off it won't come off the window leak causing water damage under the plastic when I called them they said no you take the plastic off we don't I said it clearly states your responsible on the plastic and they said no they're not going to send anybody out when I asked about the windows they said well you're just have to talk it I said what about the damage he said you bought as is when they got up there today to replace the roof vent over the refrigerator you could clearly see the entire top roof is rotten what is my recourse against this place even though it's as is do I have legal recourse since I only have less than 25000 miles on the RV can I return it and have the bank stop the transaction or not
This is not so much a "dangerous and defective product" matter but a "used vehicle" matter.

Whenever you buy a used vehicle, you (almost always) are buying it "as is." You are responsible for having the vehicle inspected prior to purchase. If defects are found prior to purchase, or the vehicle is not what you expected it to be when you view and test it, generally you must walk away from the sale, find a different vehicle to purchase, or purchase the vehicle as you find it and fix up what you discover needs fixing.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">