• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Commissions -- State of WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bulldog617

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.

The summarized question is: My employment contract stated that I am due commissions after termination for 90 days after my end date. However, the company gets paid (triggering my commission) upon installing the product. The corporate engineering/implementation team decides when they will install the product thus the company controls when and if I get paid after termination. Do I have a claim to any and all commissions regardless of payment? (NOTE: Sometimes I get paid commissions on contracts that are 1 to 2 years old based on customer final acceptance and the delays by our engineering team).

Also, the engineering team has a history and reputation for fighting with, insulting, and angering customers. This causes customers to sometimes walk on contracts and costs me my commission check. Does the company have the responsibility for paying me a commission in light of the fact that I did my part and it does not reprimand the engineering team?

Thanks.

MIKE

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">