• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scrathed new car at dealership during car wash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shmimy

we recently bought a new car at a PA dealership. we test drove first before the car went to delivery wash. the car was perfect at that time. but after we signed all the document and had a final check after the car came out of the wash, we found the car was scratched. the sales man and the manager acknowledged it was their fault and guarantee to fix it. because it was too late and we need the car to work th next day, we drove home that day. since we need to spend time to get it back to fix, are we entitled to ask for a compensation beyond a free fix.

quincy

... since we need to spend time to get it back to fix, are we entitled to ask for a compensation beyond a free fix.
Yes, you are entitled to ask for compensation beyond the free fix. You are not entitled to get it.

JerseyDan

embrace the scratch. you won't be so paranoid now about avoiding the first scratch or ding :) If it didn't happen now, it would happen eventually. Course. I would still try to get them to fix it.
I would think the law is on your side on this one. you don't have proof that the scratch happened there though. but you could always post a negative review about their dealership on google or yelp or whatever and let them know.

Last edited:

quincy

embrace the scratch. you won't be so paranoid now about avoiding the first scratch or ding :) If it didn't happen now, it would happen eventually. Course. I would still try to get them to fix it.
I would think the law is on your side on this one. you don't have proof that the scratch happened there though. but you could always post a negative review about their dealership on google or yelp or whatever and let them know.
Posting a negative review about a dealership that is willing to take care of a scratch that they admit is their fault is horrible advice, JerseyDan.

Posting a negative review about a company for no reason is a good way to get sued.

And, as a note, shimmy posted his concern a month ago and has not returned to the forum. He has probably had the scratch taken care of by now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">