• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling a dangerous device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juggle-arc

I live in Ohio, and I would like to sell a large high voltage transformer on ebay. I was going to sell it with a phrase like "seller is not responsible for any injury or death due to the use of this device". However I was wondering if that is good enough? What is my liability in this situation? This transformer is lethal if someone was dumb enough to touch the output terminals while energized.

HomeGuru

juggle-arc said:
I live in Ohio, and I would like to sell a large high voltage transformer on ebay. I was going to sell it with a phrase like "seller is not responsible for any injury or death due to the use of this device". However I was wondering if that is good enough? What is my liability in this situation? This transformer is lethal if someone was dumb enough to touch the output terminals while energized.

**A: did you not read the ebay rules? Try again please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">