• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service Advisor systematically misdiagnose my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iacobina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Bought this showroom car in November 2014, brand new. One year later had a safety recall done at the dealership, everything went wrong from that day: bad shifting, jerking at low speeds. Went back to have it diagnosed and fixed at least 10 times since November, 2015 until last week. The service advisor that was assigned to my case systematically refuses to put in writing what he verbalize: the transmission is bad because it is a 9 speeds trans that, simply, doesn't work the way it's supposed to. He keeps saying that "the car works according to factory standards". He acknowledged verbally that he drove the car for 110 miles (different times, different tests drives) and the car was acting up BUT gives me useless pieces of paper with "the customers concern was not duplicated". This because every times my car is connected to their system it doesn't shows any codes so, officially, there's nothing wrong with it until you drive it. I am in the process of declaring it a lemon car but I am pretty sure the factory will decline any settlement because of my wonderful service advisor who never ever wrote down what is going on with my car. The other places I went to don't want to deal with this type of car because they know about the issue. The production of this model was already stopped, two years after they put it on the market. Every single mechanic you ask about this type of car says there's something wrong with it. None of them wants to put it in writing. The amount of stress I went thru since November 2015 is huge. What's there to be done? The whole story is so long and I am ready to answer to any question, regarding. Now I am stuck with an expensive, damaged car who nobody wants to fix or take back because there's no legal proof there's something wrong with it.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Bought this showroom car in November 2014, brand new. One year later had a safety recall done at the dealership, everything went wrong from that day: bad shifting, jerking at low speeds. Went back to have it diagnosed and fixed at least 10 times since November, 2015 until last week. The service advisor that was assigned to my case systematically refuses to put in writing what he verbalize: the transmission is bad because it is a 9 speeds trans that, simply, doesn't work the way it's supposed to. He keeps saying that "the car works according to factory standards". He acknowledged verbally that he drove the car for 110 miles (different times, different tests drives) and the car was acting up BUT gives me useless pieces of paper with "the customers concern was not duplicated". This because every times my car is connected to their system it doesn't shows any codes so, officially, there's nothing wrong with it until you drive it. I am in the process of declaring it a lemon car but I am pretty sure the factory will decline any settlement because of my wonderful service advisor who never ever wrote down what is going on with my car. The other places I went to don't want to deal with this type of car because they know about the issue. The production of this model was already stopped, two years after they put it on the market. Every single mechanic you ask about this type of car says there's something wrong with it. None of them wants to put it in writing. The amount of stress I went thru since November 2015 is huge. What's there to be done? The whole story is so long and I am ready to answer to any question, regarding. Now I am stuck with an expensive, damaged car who nobody wants to fix or take back because there's no legal proof there's something wrong with it.
You will find no relief under the Illinois Lemon Law. Lemon Law complaints must be filed within 12 months of the purchase date.

What kind of car is giving you this much trouble?

OHRoadwarrior

Probably a ZF9 from a Jeep, Chrysler or Acura. They are getting ready to release a software update for Jeep, possibly Chrysler and Acura also.

quincy

it is a 2015 Chrysler 200
So ... under recalls for transmission issues, wiring issues, shock absorber issues ... if the free repairs offered by Chrysler are not fixing what ails your car, how do you feel about trading your car in for one that works?

OHRoadwarrior

As noted in the article, most dealers are reluctant to disassemble the transmission to determine the ring has cracked. I would take the car to another dealer after calling and speaking to the Chrysler Zone Manager about the issue. he will call the dealer in advance and advise them Chrysler has taken an interest in this case.

Iacobina

So ... under recalls for transmission issues, wiring issues, shock absorber issues ... if the free repairs offered by Chrysler are not fixing what ails your car, how do you feel about trading your car in for one that works?
I believe that's the solution

quincy

I believe that's the solution
Here is the phone number for Chrysler Customer Service - 800-853-1403. You might want to call customer service and say you have not been getting good service, your car remains unfixed, and you are thinking of trading your car in for a Ford.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Here is the phone number for Chrysler Customer Service - 800-853-1403. You might want to call customer service and say you have not been getting good service, your car remains unfixed, and you are thinking of trading your car in for a Ford.
..or anything other than a Ford ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">