• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settled an Ortho Evra case..Got a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sissykay78

Well I am from Ohio and recently settled a Ortho Evra case for $170,000.00 of which I get $98,000.00.My lawyer called to tell me Id have my check in 15-20 days.Then after I sent my noterized papers and anxiously waiting for my money he called and tells me that he has to check for a medical card lien. I didnt have medical card on my actual injury date but I did after for awhile.So here's my questions.Can they take it all?If there wasnt a lien,once they get the letter can they put one on it?Can they take for other things not related to my Ortho Evra injury?Its just sad that I went through having 30 blood clots and have to live a life on blood thinners at age 24 to give it all to my lawyer and the goverment.Anyhow I wont whine I would just really like to know these things.Thanks in advance for your time.

If an insurance company or the government (any medical program) paid any of the medical costs for your treatment for the effects of Ortho Erva, they are entitled to assert a lien to recover those amounts. Your lawyer should be able to negotiate the amount of the lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">