• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sharp broken glass bottle neck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

contactor

I bought a well-known brand of tea in a recycled glass bottle. I took a sip and felt the sharpness of the rim. It was all jagged. I contacted the company and they assured me that there was no glass inside the bottle, that it was shipped like that from their plant to the store. I feel traumatized. The company are asking me what kind of compensation I am seeking, and offered me a free case or two of product. They said that they would have the owner call me. What should I ask for? Am I obligated to alert the State, FDA, etc?

justalayman

Your injuries are what? Nothing you say?

Take the free products and move on with life.

If you want to be traumatized, read this: http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/sanitation/ucm056174.htm

scroll on down to canned sweet corn and tell me you won't think about that every time you eat corn at a restaurant.

divona2000

...If you want to be traumatized, read this: Defect Levels Handbook

scroll on down to canned sweet corn and tell me you won't think about that every time you eat corn at a restaurant.
...that site will keep us all traumatized-TMI :eek:

"TOMATO PASTE, PIZZA AND OTHER SAUCES
Drosophila fly
Average of 30 or more fly eggs per 100 grams
OR
15 or more fly eggs and 1 or more maggots per 100 grams
OR
2 or more maggots per 100 grams in a minimum of 12 subsamples"

Mmmm, pizza....

Ozark_Sophist

There have been a number of recalls associated with bottled tea and broken glass. One brand bottled product and finished product in bottle by heating. The heat caused inner layer of glass in some bottles to delaminate. Product remained sealed, pressurized, but had glass fragments in the product.
Use Google or whatever to see if your product is part of the recall.

Regardless, take the free drinks--just make sure it has a different batch number.

postdreams77

Yeah, not sure if you can get any cash or anything, since you don't have injuries. I agree with everyone else, take the free product...or, just a refund and don't buy that product anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">