• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shopping Cart Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jennifergo32

I live in Oregon, and I was hurt by a small outdated shopping cart tipping over and hitting my lower leg and ankle. I had loaded it with 3 40lbs bags, not an unreasonable amount for a shopping cart. And after I had loaded one into my car, the cart tipped over hitting me, with the remaining 80lbs of products still in it. My question is, should I expect the store/property owner to pay my medical bills? And what other compenisation may I be entitled too? Thanks Jennifer

racer72

If the cart was outdated, why did you use it? Proving negligence against the store would be difficult, proving possible negligence on your part would be rather easy. And the use of shopping carts is generally at your own risk. You may wish to consult a local attorney but I do not see you having a claim against the store.

J

Jennifergo32

Well the reason for my use of the cart was that it was the only thing provided at that store for putting my purchases in. Just because the carts were smaller than I am used to, did not indicate that they were dangerous or outdated. I did not think that untill it fell on me. If the store chooses to provide shopping carts, don't they then have the responsibility to assure they are in safe and working condition? racer72, are you an attorney?

vrzirn

It is not necessary to be an attorney to have common sense. Why don't you also try to sue the mfg for making the bags ( maybe dog food) so heavy that you got a hernia lifting them?

J

Jennifergo32

Now see, again rude answers, what the hell is wrong with you people. Is this site just so you can make fun of people who dont meet your standards. I will not be posting here again. You cant talk to people in a civil manor. Why don't you all put your ego's aside and actually help people witht their questions.

HomeGuru

Jennifergo32 said:
Now see, again rude answers, what the hell is wrong with you people. Is this site just so you can make fun of people who dont meet your standards. I will not be posting here again. You cant talk to people in a civil manor. Why don't you all put your ego's aside and actually help people witht their questions.
My response: I would love to live in a civil manor.

J

Jennifergo32

My response: take a f' ing leap!

Last edited:
S

Smithy

Don't know how any of my peers here would feel about me taking an "f*ing leap" off of them but I suppose I could post a poll. Which one of you is shortest?

As far as I can tell, Jenn, this is just some lighthearted teasing. If you are truly sensitive about your misspellings, we will no longer joke. But you could also try spellcheck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">