• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shot with pellet gun at Walmart wv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mjpennington26

Well Walmart sent me a email to call them today, so I did the offered me they give me the money for my med bills and pay me some money total 96,378.94$ is that a decent deal?

CdwJava

Well Walmart sent me a email to call them today, so I did the offered me they give me the money for my med bills and pay me some money total 96,378.94$ is that a decent deal?
They offered you $96,378.94? Where'd they come up with THAT number when your medical bills were 10% of that.

Heck, I'd get shot by a pellet gun for that much money!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They offered you $96,378.94? Where'd they come up with THAT number when your medical bills were 10% of that.

Heck, I'd get shot by a pellet gun for that much money!
Sign me up, too!

(I'm trying to figure out how we went from $30k, to $10k, to $96k... Someone has MAD math skills!)

CdwJava

I would have expected an offer that might cover medical bills plus, maybe, another $10,000 if he signed immediately and then a courier & notary would be at his door with a check and some forms to fill out. But, to offer an odd number of nearly $100,000 for an incident that they can drag out for a while and potentially argue that they were not at all liable for seems very strange indeed.

Are we being punked?

Mjpennington26

That's what the man told me the offer is . I had 2 surgeries , the pellet went into my stomach causing a bad infection. I can post the email but it has personal info on it

TigerD

I would have expected an offer that might cover medical bills plus, maybe, another $10,000 if he signed immediately and then a courier & notary would be at his door with a check and some forms to fill out. But, to offer an odd number of nearly $100,000 for an incident that they can drag out for a while and potentially argue that they were not at all liable for seems very strange indeed.

Are we being punked?
This is a troll.
Walmart is notorious for taking everything to trial. They don't pay.

Oh, and if the OP got shot with a pellet gun in Walmart and needed surgery - you can be darn sure we would have seen that on the news.

TD.

Mjpennington26

My hospital bills total 34 thousand . I don't understand the formula . The manager was told to settle this case . I have had news reporters wanting to talk to me about this. Pellet guns has caused two deaths at other walmarts, is this a fair offer or should they offer more

justalayman

My hospital bills total 34 thousand . I don't understand the formula . The manager was told to settle this case . I have had news reporters wanting to talk to me about this. Pellet guns has caused two deaths at other walmarts, is this a fair offer or should they offer more
Now I KNOW you are a troll. The manager doesn't have the authority to settle anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">