• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shot with pellet gun at Walmart wv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mjpennington26

was shopping at walmArt and a customer picked up a loaded pellet gun . It was on shelf. It shot off hitting me in my stomach I had to go have surgery and missed work

CdwJava

You can always consult with a personal injury attorney and see what he or she has to say. Wal-Mart may or may not be partially liable, depending upon ALL the facts.

Dave1952

Do you know how a loaded weapon ended upon the shelf? These things do not come loaded from the manufacturer. Someone pumped it up or put a CO2 cartridge in it and loaded it with pellets.
Did the person who shot you load the weapon? Why did he shoot you?
I'm sympathetic but I don't, as yet, see WalMart's liability.
Was the shooter arrested?

justalayman

I see more chance at Walmart being liable than the others but it will take more to support the claim than what you have posted here. While it wouldn't be a huge suit I would suggest speaking with a personal injury attorney to review the facts of the situation.

CdwJava

He has nothing , no job no money , unemployed . I only asked Walmart to help with med bills, they say no
And you know he has nothing ... how??? Was he arrested? Was he a friend of yours? Were the two of you screwing around and that is what led to this?

Understand that they have video in their stores, and chances are they will know what led up to this. So, if he was your pal and you guys were screwing around when this happens, THAT will come up in court.

Mjpennington26

Ok I did not know the guy that shot the gun. I understand there is video I am counting on that. The gun was laying there with box open. The guy picked it up and it shot off. The police was called. And I tracked the guy down to see if he can help with my med bills, they are over 30 thousand dollars. The guy don't even have a job.

CdwJava

Well, consult that personal injury attorney and see if he thinks whether or not Wal-Mart might have any liability and how much he might charge you to try and compel their assistance.

Mjpennington26

I also asked Walmart to pay or help pay some med bills and I would not try to get any money . Sent a email to claims managements . They still said no

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
$30k worth of surgery from a pellet gun? Really?

How much have you had to pay after insurance?

Mjpennington26

I hAve no insurance, the pellet gun shoots 1200 fps . I work for myself . The hospital room and surgery was 10,000$ there for I paid my own out of pocket money myself for half these bills,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">