• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoulder pain pump

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockMEhardplace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I suffered a work comp injury to shoulder and had surgery #1 in June of 2007. I was sent home with a pain pump and instructed to remove it after 3 days, which I did. After months of therapy with NO improvement, I told Dr. #1 that something must be wrong. He basically told me to suck it up and go back to work. My physical therapist suggested that I seek another opinion, which I did. I had to have surgery #2 in October of 2007. I had all the symptoms of Postarthroscopic Glenohumeral Chondrolysis (PAGCL) prior to the 2nd surgery. Although Dr. #2 never specifically said these words to me, I am confident that this is what I had. Surgery #2 involved sawing off the last inch or so of my collarbone to increase mobility in my arm. I am considerably better since surgery #2, but I suffered a big financial setback during this time.

Now to the questions: If I choose to pursue a case, can my job be threatened because of the work comp involvement?

Are these cases targeting the manufacturer or the doctor?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">