• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small business, liability waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

February

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. I am in need of direction. I would like to start work before I am insured. I am a massage therapist, looking for a legal form of a waiver incase of a malpractic suit. Yes, I know it will not protect me but I would still like to have all my future clients sign a waiver. Any one I can contact to get info would be helpful. Thank you, February.

ellencee

February
What you need is a consent to treat with a statement explaining the known risks of the treatment(s) and a contract for payment for services. I suggest that you read and follow the massage therapist practice act for your state and follow their example consent to treat (if one is available; and if massage therapist must be licensed in your state).

As a Legal Nurse Consultant, I would use (against you) your premeditated intent to deceive and deny the client his or her right to seek and receive a legal remedy to any act of negligence with resulting damage.

I hope you will reconsider your intent to have a client sign a worthless document whose only purpose is to intimidate the client into believing he or she must accept without complaint whatever damage you may do as a result of your negligent act(s).

Best wishes,
EC

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">