• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Specific Question to Competent Lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raviv

Hello,

This is Raviv, from Germany. I am a student and have a question to competent and international lawyers to complete my assignment.

I am aware that my question is specific and needs to be researched well, which I am also doing for a while, but I need to have some different perspectives to go into more depth. I hope you can help me. I don't expect to get long/tiring answers, instead I just need someone to show me different doors. Even 2-3 sentences of answer could assist me.

I am also sorry for My English, if you can't understand my writing well. The event and thereafter the question is specified below:

Let's say, a foreign company (from a country other than the US, such as German company) is doing commercial activities across the World. This German company has a subsidiary company situated in the US. One day, the subsidiary is sued by individuals/companies due to a fault during its activities. In the mean time, the subsidiary does not have any assets within the US.

Some time later, the subsidiary loses the case but it has no insurance or assets. Therefore, the plaintiffs who won the case decided to chase after the parent company in order to compensate their losses. However, as the parent company is German and situated in Germany and there is no reciprocity between the US and Germany, the plaintiffs cannot enforce the final decision of a US court in Germany.

So what else can the plaintiffs do rather than trying to enforce the decision in German courts? For example, can they take action to prohibit the parent company doing business in Europe or other countries?

Just Blue

Hello,

This is Raviv, from Germany. I am a student and have a question to competent and international lawyers to complete my assignment.

I am aware that my question is specific and needs to be researched well, which I am also doing for a while, but I need to have some different perspectives to go into more depth. I hope you can help me. I don't expect to get long/tiring answers, instead I just need someone to show me different doors. Even 2-3 sentences of answer could assist me.

I am also sorry for My English, if you can't understand my writing well. The event and thereafter the question is specified below:

Let's say, a foreign company (from a country other than the US, such as German company) is doing commercial activities across the World. This German company has a subsidiary company situated in the US. One day, the subsidiary is sued by individuals/companies due to a fault during its activities. In the mean time, the subsidiary does not have any assets within the US.

Some time later, the subsidiary loses the case but it has no insurance or assets. Therefore, the plaintiffs who won the case decided to chase after the parent company in order to compensate their losses. However, as the parent company is German and situated in Germany and there is no reciprocity between the US and Germany, the plaintiffs cannot enforce the final decision of a US court in Germany.

So what else can the plaintiffs do rather than trying to enforce the decision in German courts? For example, can they take action to prohibit the parent company doing business in Europe or other countries?
Sir,

This site has very few Attorneys and is for real life issues. We do not do home work for Students.

By the way... your English is excellent!

Blue.

raviv

Thank you very much about your comment on my English level.

I am sorry and did not know about the other thing you mentioned.

Good day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">