• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squirrel causes power surge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsurf1824

What is the name of your state? California

Recently a squirrel got between two power lines and caused a power surge that damaged most all of our appliances. Southern California Edison has denied my claim on the basis of Tariff Rule 14 which states:

SCE will not be liable for interuption or shortage of supply, nor for any loss or damages occaisoned thereby, if such interruption or shortage results from any cause not within its control.

My insurance company won't help because they say the surge happened at the pole and not at the house. My only option is to take SCE to court. Do I have a case against them or should I just consider this an expensive lesson on the importance of surge protectors?

S

shell007

Surge protectors would be a great idea regardless of whether you sue or not.

I know that this issue is not funny to you, but this does sound reminiscent of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" when the cat got into the x-mas tree!

rmet4nzkx

You have no cause of action against SCE or your homeowners. Did Rocky live to tell? Did you make Squirrel Stew, I hear it is delicious :D

S

shell007

rmet4nzkx said:
You have no cause of action against SCE or your homeowners. Did Rocky live to tell? Did you make Squirrel Stew, I hear it is delicious :D
Die Bullwinkle call 911????

ENASNI

mlane58 said:
Is the squirrel still around? I could something for Xmas dinner.
Chicken Fried Squirrel

quartered and cleaned squirrels, 1 per person
~ buttermilk
~ OldBay seasoning
~ flour
~ salt & pepper
~ shortening

Soak your meat for at least an hour in buttermilk.

Combine the flour & OldBay until you can see the flour turn light pink. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste.

Heat up your shortening to 375 degrees in a iron skillet or deep fryer deep enough to cover the meat.

Roll or shake your meat in the flour mix and fry until the coating is golden brown.

Take it out and place it on a rack to drain. Place it in your oven for about 1/2 hour at 275 degrees.

Serve and Enjoy!

G

GA LYNCH MOB

jsurf1824 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Recently a squirrel got between two power lines and caused a power surge that damaged most all of our appliances.

That's a damn lie!

This happened in Kentucky!!

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">