• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squirrel damaged our Overhead Electrical Equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

When all this was happening I just gotta ask , were your lights flicking super bright then back to regular ? ( at the same time say other things getting like a tic /flick like tv screen a bit of static or same with a computer monitor) Im asking because if by chance your homes ground wire connection has failed or become loose or is broken somewhere and the wires which come to your home have had a failed connection either at the point they say connect at the pole or where the drop to your house connects to the the rest of the elect co equipment See if you have a older home with older drop and the transformer your connected to has not had to be changed or had any thing to disturb the connections to it from transformer to your home in a very very long time and the connections became damaged due to corrosion its possible that a 220 volt circuit can be created if your homes ground itself is not in good condition in order to act like a back up of sorts. ( I had a property that had been re wired in the later1950s and had just that sort of thing happen, my ground at the meter failed and just under the overhang where my drop tied to the neutral had been rained on , snowed on etc and was corroded enough to create 220 in circuits that were intended to be only 110 ( the electric utility fixed the outside connection free and I installed new grounding clamp and problem was done with)

Bali Hai

When all this was happening I just gotta ask , were your lights flicking super bright then back to regular ? ( at the same time say other things getting like a tic /flick like tv screen a bit of static or same with a computer monitor) Im asking because if by chance your homes ground wire connection has failed or become loose or is broken somewhere and the wires which come to your home have had a failed connection either at the point they say connect at the pole or where the drop to your house connects to the the rest of the elect co equipment See if you have a older home with older drop and the transformer your connected to has not had to be changed or had any thing to disturb the connections to it from transformer to your home in a very very long time and the connections became damaged due to corrosion its possible that a 220 volt circuit can be created if your homes ground itself is not in good condition in order to act like a back up of sorts. ( I had a property that had been re wired in the later1950s and had just that sort of thing happen, my ground at the meter failed and just under the overhang where my drop tied to the neutral had been rained on , snowed on etc and was corroded enough to create 220 in circuits that were intended to be only 110 ( the electric utility fixed the outside connection free and I installed new grounding clamp and problem was done with)
You might be on the right track...I suggest you sit back and say nothing until you are called upon to do so.

RayAustin

Yes it can replace if your product is 100% insured. If your product are in warranty period then they can replace the part which is damaged not the whole product replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">