• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staph Infection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

salli

About a year ago, I had MOSE surgery done on my shoulder and back to remove a recurring skin cancer. Within one day, my shoulder became infected. After several days of visiting the doctor, I was finally admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with Staph infection in my shoulder. It was mentioned that it was odd that I didn't develope the infection in both places, however, each incision was stitched seperately. My shoulder was stitched up first. The dr left and returned to stitch my back. I believe whatever caused my shoulder to become infected was gone the second time the doctor entered the room. As a result of this infection, I missed 2 weeks of work and have a pretty ugly scar on my shoulder. Is my doctor liable, and if so, what is the statute of limitations? I live in Illinois.

[Edited by salli on 01-03-2001 at 09:37 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Not much I can tell you about the statute of limitations because you didn't mention your state, but usually it is about 2 years for medical malpractice claims.

If your doctor was supposed to be in the room during the stiching, and he wasn't, then yes, you might have a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">