• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

staph infection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cinnnn

In september it will be a year since this doc. did surgery on my right index finger,to reconstruct a new finger.this doc. practices in louisville ky. i live in indiana,i"ve been told i only have a year to file on this doc. i cant find anyone to help me!anyway i"ve suffered lots of pain,swelling,drainage from this finger!Every doc. visit he did an x-ray and would tell me i have arthritis in my finger,finally ater visit after visit to see him in louisville he took a culture from my finger it was staph....he still did no blood work,so he did another surgery to remove the pins saying they probably irrated it,that did not help,went back seen another doc. in the same association he admitted me and put a pcc i.v. in...this was 10 months after 1st operation i was on vancomyicin antibotic for 5 weeks still having pain and swelling,went back took x-ray told me i have osteomylitis in my bone did another surgery to remove it,took out i.v.but on pills vancomyicin this was july 27,i"m still having pain and swelling,go back to see another doc. on aug.24 he took x-ray told me he could see where i have infection and it was chronic and had been there for quite a long time,i still have pain and swelling,i"ve made 14 trips to this doc. and 3 surgerys,i feel like this infection could of and should of been caught a long time ago,i understand theres always a chance of staph ater surgery,but why didn"t this doc. test for it now i could loose my finger altogether:this is a world wide known bunch of doctors!Kleinert,Kutz and associates hand center,they neglected to test for infection from the begining,do i have a malpractice suit? the attorneys i"ve talked to won"t take my case because of who these doctors are,this is not fair i feel like i"m slowly dieing,PLEASE HELP!!!

wtd

No legal advice, but a couple of questions -

As well as I could make out from the post (rather long and confusing, just a suggestion - break this thing up into sentences so it's more readable - you may get more response) -

1) you've gone to various physicians in the same group for all the treament mentioned
2) you feel that the treatment you received was inadequate
3) the lawyers that you've contacted won't pursue this case because it is against a particular medical group.

Several questions -
Have you gotten another opinion on your condition and treatment from another physician outside this particular medical group?
If not I would suggest getting one, as even if you have a case, how will you prove it without another physician to say that you received incompetent/inappropriate treatment?

It is rather difficult to imagine that a competent lawyer would not take on a viable medical malpractice case because of the nature of the person(s) to be sued.
Is it just your impression that lawyers will not take on the case because it is against a particular medical group, or was that reason specifically given in those words?
If this was not the reason given, what reason were you given (specifically) for declining this case?

Since you have not received a second opinion on your treatment, it may be that you simply have no basis for a lawsuit - just the impression that it shouldn't have gone this way.

Possibly the answers to these questions will enable someone to provide some direction regarding your situation.
wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">