• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for metal in candy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dashynette

Hello from texas... i have signed up just to ask this question...

My mom is a avid candy corn eater and just now she was opening one of the fun size bags of candy corn when she noticed there was a big piece of metal that looks like a bullet lodged in one of them... she didnt eat any of the candy from that bag and i immediately put them back into the bag. luckly we saved the big bag that it came out of.. and i took pictures....

now had she not been paying attention to what she was getting ready to consume this would have been ALOT WORSE...

Do we have a case or just chop this up as a loss?

quincy

Since your mother did not, fortunately, consume the big chunk of metal, she can show no injury and can collect no damages, so there is no lawsuit against the company in her future. She should, however, call the number on the bag of candy and report the incident to the company. If she likes candy corn, the odds are pretty good she will wind up with coupons for a lot more. :)

HomeGuru

Hello from texas... i have signed up just to ask this question...

My mom is a avid candy corn eater and just now she was opening one of the fun size bags of candy corn when she noticed there was a big piece of metal that looks like a bullet lodged in one of them... she didnt eat any of the candy from that bag and i immediately put them back into the bag. luckly we saved the big bag that it came out of.. and i took pictures....

now had she not been paying attention to what she was getting ready to consume this would have been ALOT WORSE...

Do we have a case or just chop this up as a loss?

**A: what caliber was the bullet and did she buy the fun size bag before or after Halloween?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">