• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicide, on suicide watch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cholla

My father was threatining suicide to all the family and others, and was then court ordered to go to the county hospital for eval. He was there one week, and we got a phone call, he had hung himself with his own belt in his room. Am I crazy or when a person is on suicide watch isn't it totally stupid, to leave him with his belt and shoelaces? We have 2 months until the stat. of limitations runs out to file letter of intent to take the hospital to task. Do we have a case? It was stamped all over his chart "Risk to self and others" and the hospital will not talk to us about it at all. What should I do? We are in shock in Arizona.

P

PamSJS

What a terrible tragedy! My heart goes out to you and your family.

You most definitely have a medical malpractice/negligence claim against the hospital and the individuals who were on duty at the time of your fathers death.

You must file ASAP before the statute of limitations runs out.

God bless you and your family.

Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">