• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Titanium Screws & Rods

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjsimpkins

Kentucky--I had back surgery in 2006 for spinal stenosis. The surgeon put 2 rods & 5 screws & it was fused together. I have been having severe pain and am having trouble walking, standing, sitting & laying. I have just found out from having x rays on my back, that a screw & rod is broken. I am going back to my surgeon on tuesday. What will have to be done and will I have a law suit on my hands due to the pain & suffering of having another back surgery?

ecmst12

Not likely, but after you have the surgery to correct it you can ask the surgeon if the screws broke because they were defective, or if it just happened. If they were defective, then you may be able to get the screw manufacturer to pay for the replacement surgery. If not, sometimes these things just happen and there is no one to blame for it.

Chris2289

This certainly a difficult one due to the nature of the case and the fact that it is inside you. You may have a case against the screw maker if there is any way to prove it is defective, but i am unsure who could prove that exactly. What type of job do you do? this could affect any outcome if you work a physical job against the recommendation of the doctor.

Best of luck with the surgery:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">