• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tooth in Cashew Nuts :-(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ricshey79

What is the name of your state? CA

Last week I was attending a seminar class at my work, which I brought a bag of Planter's Cashew Nuts with me. During one of our breaks, I was coming close to finishing the bag when I bit into something hard. When I took it out, it was a tooth!!! From the looks of it, a molar tooth that looks decayed. The incident was witness by over 15 people. Later I called thier customer service line and I was told they want me to give them the tooth for evaluation.

Right now I seem to be fine (still need to see a doctor to make sure I didn't contract a disease). However I researched into the incident and it seems like this has been brought to Planter's attention several time. Last year a man sued them cause he found a rat's tooth in his peanuts. Last month in PA the local news reported that there were 2 seperate incidents that resembled mine. As a result the FDA has just launched an investigation over there.

Currently I am not sure what my options are. Though I didn't get hurt from my situation, I just felt that the whole thing could of been avioded had Planters not been so negligent and listen to the previous complaints. Is this grounds for taking legal action? Any input would be helpful!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">