• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tysons Fun Nuggets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kajawhit

Virginia, US

I hope that you can help me. MY 2 year old daughter was having lunch eating Tysons Fun nuggets ( the ones shaped like dinosaurs) and started chocking. I ran to her only to realize that there was a decent size chicken bone in the nugget. As you can imagine I was highly concerned about other small children eating these nuggets. I dont know where to go from here to complain. Of course I have complained to Tyson, but have heard no response. If you can help guide me in any way I would highly appreciate it. My goal would be to get Tyson to label their bags with a warning. Something along the lines of "Caution, nuggets may contain small bones". It is really sad because these nuggets are targeted at small children, you would think they would be more careful.
Attached below are the pictures.
Thank you for your time
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/Tyson.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/Tyson2.jpg

Carla

kajawhit

Can I sue Tyson, to get warnings put on their bags of Fun Nuggets? Is that even an option?
Thanks for your help
Carla

moburkes

Can I sue Tyson, to get warnings put on their bags of Fun Nuggets? Is that even an option?
Thanks for your help
Carla
Absolutely. However, you will have a small chance in hell of winning, and you will spend tens, if not hundreds of thousands, pursuing your case. Good luck.

kajawhit

Hmmm. That is what I figured.:rolleyes: Is there anything that I can do then to get the word out to more consumers? Legally. I mean, of course I talked to family and friends and warned them to proceed with caution when feeding these nuggets to their young children, but what else can I do? Is it legal to post a website about it, or to post this info on blogs, forums etc?
Thanks again
Carla

moburkes

Carla, the reality is that when you buy a chicken product, you are to assume that there may be chicken pieces in it. Even if the piece wasn't as big as the one in your picture, there is still going to be ground up chicken bones in it. You are responsible for checking it out before feeding it to your child.

You could always call some local news networks and tell them about the chicken bone. You can also call...i forget who they are...they're the food inspecters..FDA? The Health Department. ect.

kajawhit

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your time and answers. I will look further into it and maybe contact local news as well. You guys rock.
Carla

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Chicken bones are a natural part of chicken. A parent should be extra careful to make sure that the food their small child eats is safe. If you want to "put the word out", that's fine. But please make sure it's an educational item for parents and NOT something derogatory against a particular company.

xylene

consider going vegan / vegetarian.

Or go to a good whole food organic supplier for your poultry.

Or at least not buying mechanically separated processed meat.

MMMM. Its so diced, macerated and mixed with permanganate. Yum! ;)

ellencee

Virginia, US

I hope that you can help me. MY 2 year old daughter was having lunch eating Tysons Fun nuggets ( the ones shaped like dinosaurs) and started chocking. I ran to her only to realize that there was a decent size chicken bone in the nugget. As you can imagine I was highly concerned about other small children eating these nuggets. I dont know where to go from here to complain. Of course I have complained to Tyson, but have heard no response. If you can help guide me in any way I would highly appreciate it. My goal would be to get Tyson to label their bags with a warning. Something along the lines of "Caution, nuggets may contain small bones". It is really sad because these nuggets are targeted at small children, you would think they would be more careful.
Attached below are the pictures.
Thank you for your time
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/Tyson.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/Tyson2.jpg

Carla
Do you not realize that food should be broken or cut before being handed to a 2 year-old?

If you read the causes of choking on food in children of this age, uncut food (especially hotdogs and chicken nuggets) is the leading cause.

Remember that the next time you give your child something to eat.

As a further bit of advice, ALWAYS cut a hotdog in half or thirds LENGHTWISE and then in smaller portions. Cutting hotdogs into circles is asking to have your child choke.

Take a community-offered CPR course and learn how to save your child or someone else's child from choking. You never know when an intelligent adult is going to give a child a whole chicken nugget and you'll be there to save the day!

EC

kajawhit

Yes thank you for the advice. As a mother of twin toddlers I am well aware of how to cut up food for my toddlers. Thank you. If you notice in the pictures that the one with the bone in it is half the size of the dinosaur one. It was cut in half. The dino one sitting beside it was to show one which kind of nugget I was talking about and was placed on plate.
And as for the hot dogs. I dont feed my children hot dogs. Thanks
Carla

moburkes

Yes thank you for the advice. As a mother of twin toddlers I am well aware of how to cut up food for my toddlers. Thank you. If you notice in the pictures that the one with the bone in it is half the size of the dinosaur one. It was cut in half. The dino one sitting beside it was to show one which kind of nugget I was talking about and was placed on plate.
Carla
Carla, you seem to not have appreciated the advice. I, personally, thought it was great. The bottom line is that, the same way that you cut up other foods, is the same way you should do it for the nuggets. Period. Even the FDA will tell you that processed foods will have pieces parts in it. Parent beware.

ellencee

Carla
If it was cut in half, then there was no big bone in it. A bone, I can believe.
Don't expect "yea" for not giving your children hotdogs; you give them dino nuggets that have the nutritional value of cardboard and are just about as tasty. Yuck.

I believe if this were to go to court, you would be held accountable for failing to check that the food was OK to eat. There is no standard requiring mass production of shredded chicken parts to NOT have a few rodent parts and/or excrement or to be bone-free "nuggets". Yuck, again.

(Did I feed my kids chicken nuggets? Yes, for while, I did allow the nasty things in my home and in my kids. One day, I ate one, and that was the end of that.)

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">