• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what kind of lawyer do i need

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jipkc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ks

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I need. My 5 year old daughter had a McDonalds chicken nugget and bit into a bone. :confused:

ecmst12

An imaginary lawyer for your imaginary case to win you imaginary money for your imaginary damages.

racer72

Sorry, you did not win the Deep Pockets Lottery. Please accept our consulation prize of a McDonalds gift certificate. Thank you for playing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Incredible...absolutely incredible.

You know, my kid once ate a burrito and cried because of the hot sauce. Can I sue someone, please???

seagoing

Was it a FINGER bone.Please let us know if you find an atty.My son was eating a fish sandwich and it had a bone.I thought they used meat and fish from boneless animals.Seriously I hope your child recovers from the injuries and they aren't too life threatening.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ks

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I need. My 5 year old daughter had a McDonalds chicken nugget and bit into a bone. :confused:

No, joke I'm being completely honest a few years ago I ordered a big mac I always take the bun off to remove the pickles ( i always forget to say hold'em),and there was a roach, and yes I did tell them to hold the roaches lol. As far as a case you would have to prove the foreign object was put there to intentionally harm your child or basically on purpose. I was attending the University of Cincinnati at the time and talked to one of the law professors about it and that was in a nut shell how it was explained to me.
As far as the silly answers your getting in the other replies I find it a shame. I found this site recently and thought it could be a good place to get advice, and I'm sure thats what it was intended for but just like every other forum out there clicks form and, you get people who may have the knowledge to help,and give back to the Internet community but would rather bash the lay person, and because your an outsider seeking a bit of knowledge and ask a question they find too beneath them to answer and get some kind of cheap thrill acting holier than thow...
sad, truly sad...

Last edited:

Beanie711

No, joke I'm being completely honest a few years ago I ordered a big mac I always take the bun off to remove the pickles ( i always forget to say hold'em),and there was a roach, and yes I did tell them to hold the roaches lol. As far as a case you would have to prove the foreign object was put there to intentionally harm your child or basically on purpose. I was attending the University of Cincinnati at the time and talked to one of the law professors about it and that was in a nut shell how it was explained to me....
No offense, but you have to realize that your roach situation and her bone mishap are two totally different scenarios. She bit into a bone in a chicken nugget--which is not uncommon when you're eating meat products. You encountered a roach in your sandwich--roaches aren't normally an ingredient you'd find in your food (not around these parts anyway).

It's ridiculous to want to sue McD's because of something that everyone experiences at least ONCE when eating meat.

As far as the silly answers your getting in the other replies I find it a shame. I found this site recently and thought it could be a good place to get advice, and I'm sure thats what it was intended for but just like every other forum out there clicks form and, you get people who may have the knowledge to help,and give back to the Internet community but would rather bash the lay person, and because your an outsider seeking a bit of knowledge and ask a question they find too beneath them to answer and get some kind of cheap thrill acting holier than thow...
sad, truly sad...
After answering questions like this one all day, I would probably be answering the same way as the normal responders. I've read many ridiculous threads on here, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people think they're owed something. "I slipped on ice in the parking lot of Wal-mart, can I sue?" No, how about you do what every other normal person does and look where you're walking? Or, how about you exude some common sense and take responsibility for your own actions?

Sorry, but they're not acting "holier than thou." They're just sick of the lack of common sense in the American people. And sometimes, you have to be a little harsh for people to get the point.

Can ya tell I've had a bad morning??? ;):D

I work third shift had a bad night too hence the rant, I respect your opinion, but a simple "no you don't have a case" answer would seem to be a lot easier than some of the long drawn out hurtful things I've read here at a sight that looked to be a professional forum perused by both professional people, and lay average Joe's with questions they happen to think is serious enough to google the site, sign up, and ask question just to be left feeling stupid. As far as answering the same old dumb questions all day an easy fix is making some macros in a notepad for the more FAQ's that you can simply cut and paste from.

My profession is IT (programmer) and I had what I thought was a legit question recently, and I found this site and said wow! What a cool way for legal professionals to give a little back, since accurate legal advise is so darn costly. But instead people attempted to make me feel dumb.

Bottom line this is the harsh reality, you could actually do a case study at a site like this on how humans as evolved, and intelligent as we may be still have the unconscious desire to form packs, and attack the weak.

I dunno like I said this is just a little rant cause I had a bad night also, and perhaps there is some kinda cave man trait still stuck in my head that makes me do so :p:confused: I just keep hearing momma saying if you don't have nothing nice to say...

Beanie711

I just read your question about your surgery that you had posted. It doesn't look like they were making fun of you. To me it seemed like they were trying to save you the headache of tracking down a lawyer if it wasn't going to get you anywhere. Personally, I find it difficult to believe that after going through 7(?) surgeries that ended with you having to do ANOTHER surgery to correct one that was done wrong, no lawyer would want to help. I can understand in town lawyers, but not out-of-town ones.

But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer and I've never had to deal with a medmal case (knock on wood), so my opinion won't get you anything. If you want, you can always attempt to get a consultation from someone out of town to see if it's worth fighting. It might cost you a couple hundred $'s, but at least then you would have a better understanding of whether or not you have a case worth pursuing.

I think the answers on your thread and the ones on this thread differ greatly. Here they are a little ridiculous, but at least on yours they were telling you you don't have a case and it's because it's not worth it monetarily.

Hope your day gets better!

I just read your question about your surgery that you had posted. It doesn't look like they were making fun of you. To me it seemed like they were trying to save you the headache of tracking down a lawyer if it wasn't going to get you anywhere. Personally, I find it difficult to believe that after going through 7(?) surgeries that ended with you having to do ANOTHER surgery to correct one that was done wrong, no lawyer would want to help. I can understand in town lawyers, but not out-of-town ones.

But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer and I've never had to deal with a medmal case (knock on wood), so my opinion won't get you anything. If you want, you can always attempt to get a consultation from someone out of town to see if it's worth fighting. It might cost you a couple hundred $'s, but at least then you would have a better understanding of whether or not you have a case worth pursuing.

I think the answers on your thread and the ones on this thread differ greatly. Here they are a little ridiculous, but at least on yours they were telling you you don't have a case and it's because it's not worth it monetarily.

Hope your day gets better!
You are right, about my post. I did think over the post, and now I agree they where all pretty much intended well. As I read more and more of the archived posts I also see that some people , correction lots of people just think of a potential law suit as a lottery prize. Some are pretty dumb and immature to say the least. people need to realize that tying the courts up with tons of frivolous malmed cases that result in taxpayers flipping the bill in more ways than could be counted. Also the price of health care is absurdly affected by such cases.

In my case getting rich is not my intension I honestly proclaim. I'm just seriously terrified because this injury has left me really bad off. I lost toes on my right foot,(which may seem petty, but unless I pay $300 bucks for but ugly specialized shoes the loss of arch support of the second and third toes will certainly cause constant stress fractures) my leg I explained all that, I also had a serious right arm injury that required coincidence 8 screws and a plate like my leg, A different surgeon did that one however.Actually when you look at the x-rays and compare the leg and arm injury you will see that the hardware was used almost identically but you will also see that the arm is neatly done with the right size screws (so they look to me). And my arm has also healed with massive pain for a month then slowly subsiding. The only problem is that with my arm I've lost an incredible amount of strength that unfortunately due to the nature of the injury will never return. Which makes walking with a cane and crutches almost impossible.

Back to my leg the area where the screws where placed is where the pain is the greatest. these screws are all the same length and as the bone narrows they stick out the other side more, and more causing the pain to follow. There is no way I could ever stand for any amount of time because swelling starts immediately, and that raises the pain level more, and more to the point where I can't even where a shoe after a few hours.

The reason for my fear is losing my job either due to not being able to perform certain duties. They will fire you straight away if they give you a task, and you tell them you can't do it. They would not let me come back to work until my surgeon (the one that did the leg) wrote a note saying that I was no longer restricted. As he promised that the pain would quickly subside after the constant exercise of work strain. I really had no choice but to return as quickly as I could because my company disability plan was running out in days as they set what they call reasonable time limits for certain types injuries. I personally felt no where near ready however, but when you got mouths to feed you just gotta feed'em. I get no support what so ever from the mother or the state, and I could have went for social security disability, but we all know that takes extremely long times in most cases, and in the mean time I don't have any idea how my children would survive. There is also the illness (epilepsy) that I must worry about know more than ever because of my latest seizure at work, and not being able to miss or be late at all for 3 months. If I could go back in time before I enrolled into college Info Tech would have been my last choice. The problem in Cincinnati is that for every IT job opening in this area my career councilor provided a stat that there are approx. 10,000 replies within the first day of the posting. My job now is only kinda IT related, and I'm not getting the experience needed to move forward in this area. While those who got their IT degrees in the mid nineties are the ones who get all the jobs cause back then that was the Field to be in. So due to all this I'm scared to death that I'll lose my job and not be able to find another that I could possibly do in a reasonable amount of time. And how will my kids, and I survive until then.

At least if my leg would heal correctly like the surgeon said I could take almost anything until something in my field came through. So as far as me wanting to collect a large sum of cash from this I would feel just as good with a disability pension. But most of the lawyers I talk to about that would rather take the surgeon on because they say since I'm only 32, and currently working disability is pretty much out of the picture. They say if I wanted to take that route the first thing I would need to do is stop working. Also, I don't think I posted this yet but when I arrived at the hospital my injuries where so severe and obviously causing so much pain the paramedics administered pain meds and gas before I got there. When I did get there however, I was so out of it they didn't even ask if I was insured and had no insurance on record for me since the first time I was seen there I had none. Now the doctor I seen on the 18th reported to me that after he got the charts and notes from the hospital it clearly showed that the surgeon just assumed that I was still uninsured.
This is why the screws are all the same length. As it happens they where the only ones on hand, and cost hundreds of dollars. I was informed that they was very attainable from another hospital. ( All the hospitals in Cincinnati are within a mile apart) but the cost out weighed this apparently. The second opinion doctor was obviously shocked when he saw the x-ray and, the sloppiness of the hardware installation, and he told me that it will never get better only worse, and though hardware removal is common in certain cases they always wait a year just to make sure everything is healed as good as possible. In my case he only wants to wait till October because of a certain nerve and muscle will be well and not compromised again during this next go around. After hearing this information I remembered how while I was speaking to the original surgeon during the post op the finance guy popped in at the same time, and asked me to apply for medic aid, I then told him I was insured, and I totally remember the surgeon reacting quite unusual when I said that. So I don't know; I just feel like I was treated like less than human at that point, and yes I'm a bit angry knowing that I've gone through this God Awful pain all this time when it's quite possible that if he knew he was getting paid things would have been very different. Now I can only look further to another ortho surgery that hurts so bad I wouldn't wish a third of the pain on my worse enemy. Another stint on disability that only pays 60% of my normal pay, and not even being able to come close to maintain a comfortable lifestyle for who knows how long this time. And man letting those student loans go for a bit really kills you when you finally do get back on the saddle cause the interest piles up like no tomorrow.

I just realized I'm in someone Else's thread, and I totally apologize for the hijack. I did fill that tank back up though lol...

BTW, Beanie711 it's funny you mentioned the out of area lawyer cause I was referred to one in Michigan thats on the Ohio Barr who seems pretty interested, I've already FedEx all of my x-rays and documents to him and just last night he faxed me some release forms to get the necessary info from the hospital. So for know I'll let you know what happens there.

And again I want no one to think I'm just going after a pot of gold, thats why I came here to research and make sure that I'm attempting to present anything frivolous.

OK you can have this thread back****************************************************************************************************************now!!!:D

ariastar

You guys do realize this thread was dead for a month and three weeks, right? And the OP never came back? Necroposting is something of a pet-peeve around here. If this section were very active, you'd be roasted by some of the seniors. Posting in dead threads pushed current threads down, making them more likely to be missed. So just keep an eye on dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">