• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wieght loss belt a fire hazard!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danbat

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife has purchased this weight loss belt on line. A popular item, they have been chased by the goverment on fraud counts since 1971.

Piont being she recieved second degree burns after haveing the belt on her waist for just a few minutes.

Have tested the electric control for heat and it has reistered 175 degrees with the adjustment in the half way position.

So far we have ducumented the burns with a doctor with photeos. Filed a cliam with the attroney generals office in our state.

Next we are seeking a attorney to proces a cliam of product liabilty.

The question I have is about the procut claim because this item was produced in china. Now can the distributor be held responsable seeing that they are state side?

I also have found many folks out there with the same sianirio but had done nothing about it.

Any help please and yes still need a lawyer.

HomeGuru

Danbat said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife has purchased this weight loss belt on line. A popular item, they have been chased by the goverment on fraud counts since 1971.

Piont being she recieved second degree burns after haveing the belt on her waist for just a few minutes.

Have tested the electric control for heat and it has reistered 175 degrees with the adjustment in the half way position.

So far we have ducumented the burns with a doctor with photeos. Filed a cliam with the attroney generals office in our state.

Next we are seeking a attorney to proces a cliam of product liabilty.

The question I have is about the procut claim because this item was produced in china. Now can the distributor be held responsable seeing that they are state side?

I also have found many folks out there with the same sianirio but had done nothing about it.

Any help please and yes still need a lawyer.

**A: that's one way to lose weight. Now I know what they mean by "burning the fat off"

Last edited:

classaction2k

I read through several messages here and it seems the only replies are those making jokes of peoples hardships... If people wanted humor they would have went to Comedy Central's message boards.

HomeGuru said:
**A: that's one way to lose weight. Now I know what they mean by "burning the fat off"

You Are Guilty

classaction2k said:
I read through several messages here and it seems the only replies are those making jokes of peoples hardships... If people wanted humor they would have went to Comedy Central's message boards.
You created an account to reply to a post that was over one month old just to say that?

Thanks for stopping by.

T

Trucking Mad

:cool: You'll have to excuse the clowns around here!
Product liability is on the manufacturer not the importer/ exporter, unless they made any expressed warranties (not likely)....Good luck on pursuing any legal action on an overseas Co....Best you could hope for is an refund on the purchase:cool:

HomeGuru

Trucking Mad said:
:cool: You'll have to excuse the clowns around here!
Product liability is on the manufacturer not the importer/ exporter, unless they made any expressed warranties (not likely)....Good luck on pursuing any legal action on an overseas Co....Best you could hope for is an refund on the purchase:cool:

**A: you ate the entire jar of cookies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">