• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wood piece in oatmeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beachbabydoll

My 13year old son was making oatmeal that came in a packet.As he was eating it,he felt something sharp.He pulled out a piece of wood.The company said they would refund the $9.99 and send some coupons to me.I wont use the coupons because I will never purchase that product again.This should NOT have happened,my son could of choked.Is there anything I can do legally against this company?????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Antigone*

My 13year old son was making oatmeal that came in a packet.As he was eating it,he felt something sharp.He pulled out a piece of wood.The company said they would refund the $9.99 and send some coupons to me.I wont use the coupons because I will never purchase that product again.This should NOT have happened,my son could of choked.Is there anything I can do legally against this company?????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Did you take your son to the doctor? What was the amount of the bill?

HomeGuru

**A: what are your damages?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your son could have choked
You could have sue them

Your son did not choke
You cannot (successfully) sue them

Take the refund and be happy that your son has good reflexes.

Antigone*

Your son could have choked
You could have sue them

Your son did not choke
You cannot (successfully) sue them

Take the refund and be happy that your son has good reflexes.
You are no fun Zigner. You completely blew the possibility of this thread being three pages long. Home and SJ knew where this was going and decided to play, you on the other hand put this sucker to bed in a heartbeat:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">