• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WORMS found in Box of Raisins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyside

What is the name of your state? California

I bought a box of raisins at Walgreens in Sacramento. Opened and started eating until I glanced at what I'm eating and saw a white wiggly thing going its way through the raisins. It was a darn worm!! I was grossed out and started throwing up. What are my rights as a consumer against Walgreens for selling me a dirty food?

fairisfair

you have the right to either a refund of your money, or another box of raisins.

I know which one I would pick. LOL:p

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? California

I bought a box of raisins at Walgreens in Sacramento. Opened and started eating until I glanced at what I'm eating and saw a white wiggly thing going its way through the raisins. It was a darn worm!! I was grossed out and started throwing up. What are my rights as a consumer against Walgreens for selling me a dirty food?
I'd suggest you not say anything.

They may charge you for the extra protein!:D

Sorry...you have NOT won the lawsuit lottery.

Try again soon.:p

You Are Guilty

Haven't posted the FDA contamination level for raises before so here ya go. Enjoy your "up to 10" worms!

RAISINS, GOLDEN Insects and insect eggs
(AOAC 969.42 & MPM-V76) 10 or more whole or equivalent insects and 35 Drosophila eggs per 8 oz.

DEFECT SOURCE: Post harvest and/or processing infestation
SIGNIFICANCE: Aesthetic
(If you ask nicely and bring the box with you, I am confident the store will give you a new one. )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">