• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable for my spouse's medical bills after his death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sinjin45

What is the name of your state? ILL
My husband passed away 6 months ago and I would like to know if I'm responsible for his medical bills? He had his own insurance and I don't think I signed anything at the hospital at the time he went in. I was so upset at the time I really don't remember. I know that the insurance was not very good and we didn't have money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Sinjin45 said:
What is the name of your state? ILL
My husband passed away 6 months ago and I would like to know if I'm responsible for his medical bills? He had his own insurance and I don't think I signed anything at the hospital at the time he went in. I was so upset at the time I really don't remember. I know that the insurance was not very good and we didn't have money.

My response:

Do you want advice based upon incomplete or unknown information?

When you know the information, then come back and post it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">