• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ambulance bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deluzioned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

i have an old ambulance bill (2007) that was apparently only partially covered by my insurance. It only hit my credit about a year ago. About 3 months ago, after disputing several things on my CR, it was deleted. My score shot up over the last 2 months due to paying off all my credit card debt that i accrued over a year of unemployment.

Just 3 days ago, the CA re-reported this debt. Which of course just crashed my score into the low 500's. Now if i had this item deleted, is it legal for them to re-report?

If so, then what should my next course of action be? DV letter? The letter the CA originally sent me already offers a 50% settlement right off the bat. Should i just call them and see about negotiating for this item to be deleted from my report, if i pay? Send a goodwill letter begging for it to be removed upon payment?

What do i do!?

justalayman

the question is how did you get it deleted before.

It appears it is a valid debt so why would it be deleted?

Deluzioned

I honestly have no idea. I don't even think it was one of the items i disputed. It just disappeared. It just so happens it was right around the same time.

Maybe the CA removed it? Only to report it again on 4/30/2010. I have a letter dated march 31st with a deadline to paying the settled amount by 4/30/2010. Why would they remove it, then send me another letter months after?

This action obviously updated the date on the item. its now dated 4/10 when it was on there a year ago, removed, then reported again!

Last edited:

justalayman

maybe it was inadvertently removed and once the update reporting come in it was put back on your CR.

bottom line: if the debt is a valid debt, then yes, they can put it back on your CR.

as to how to get it removed: accurate and valid reports are not supposed to be removed from your CR. If the reporter takes some action that would remove the line, that is between you and them.

an excerpt from a site from the FTC:

No one can legally remove accurate and timely negative information from a credit report.

musze007

who is reporting the debt to the credit bureaus? is it a collection agency?
the credit bureaus can re-report the debt.

Deluzioned

I never said i shouldn't pay my share. Not to long after the event i became unemployed like most people in a skilled trade. Was unemployed for a year and a half, living off $240/week which is Arizonas pathetic idea of unemployments insurance. Went from net of $1196/week, to $240/week. You try paying your bills, and food, let alone whats left of a $2400 ride to the hospital on that amount.

I have no problem paying the bill now that i have been employed again for long enough to catch up on the credit card debt i ran up, trying to survive.

I just want the collection to be removed completely from my report. That is all. Was hoping someone here could help.

After pulling my credit report just a few minutes ago, they changed the date back to June of 09. Yet my score remains at what it was with the date being reported as April 2010?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">