• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An answer for the summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Josie $ Crisis

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a summons from 1 of the creditors stating I owe $3000, I can't afford to pay them right now b/c I just finish paying off my other dept that's over $6000, I can't even afford an attorney. I'm going through a personal & financial hardship. How do I give the answer to the civil court about that without having to pay for a lawyer? :confused:

Last edited:

moburkes

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a summons from 1 of the creditors, I can't afford to pay them right now, I can't even afford an attorney. I'm going through a personal & financial hardship. How do I give the answer to the civil court about that without having to pay for a lawyer? :confused:What is the name of your state?
Unfortunately, the fact that you can't afford to pay isn't a valid response. You'd do better by contacting the attorney and setting up a payment plan.

Josie $ Crisis

Unfortunately, the fact that you can't afford to pay isn't a valid response. You'd do better by contacting the attorney and setting up a payment plan.
I already mentioned before that I couldn't afford a lawyer. What I meant was that I couldn't afford to pay them at once that I can pay them a little bit at a time each month until it's payed off.

moburkes

I already mentioned before that I couldn't afford a lawyer. What I meant was that I couldn't afford to pay them at once that I can pay them a little bit at a time each month until it's payed off.
I was telling you to contact THEIR attorney, not get your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">