• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempting to collect on check where no goods received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wendy Weiss

What is the name of your state? FL

How can I force a merchant to remove a debt from collections? I took my daugthter to a photographer. The store overcharged me by over $100. I immediately notified the store, before leaving. They told me that they do not offer refunds and that I could have store credit. I said no way. I stopped payment on the check and sent a fax to the store. The fax stated that I would be willing to come in and write a new check for the proper amount, however would assume that the order would be cancelled if I heard no reply. 2 weeks later, Telecheck is trying to collect on the check. I have NO photos from this store. The store owner REFUSES to remove the debt and told me that I am obligated to pay the entire check and use a store credit for the overcharge. I know this is not legal, however Telecheck is informing me that if I don't pay, then I will be restricted from writing checks with any merchant whom uses Telecheck. How can I force this vendor to remove this from Telecheck?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">