• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticktoc

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania Please help. I had an automobile repossessed about 4 years ago. Just recently when I tried to take my income tax money out of my checking account, I could not. The bank said it was on hold. I got a letter in the mail that said a judgment was put against me by a collection agency that was hired by the people who reposessed my car. Then I got another letter that said it was a writ of execution. It said they were taking my money from my checking account. My mothers name is on my checking account also. One day a letter came from the bank that said my money was available and still in my account. The collection agency never took it. I dont know why. Was it because my mothers name was on my checking account. I withdrew my money, but I live in fear of what they can do next. When they reposessed the auto they resold it , and got their money but they still want the difference. It is about four thousand dollars, but a lot of that is fees and extra charges they added on that I dont understand. What I want to know now is can the collection agency take the auto I have now. It is worth about 3,000 dollars. The title of the auto is in my name but my mothers name is on as a co-owner. Can having her name on the title also protect me from the agency taking my car? I live in fear all the time, can you help? Thank you so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">