• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Check in West Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zharman777

West Virginia

When I lived in the US 11 years ago, I had a bad check to a shop just under 240$ and I did not pay this and left the country.

How to make sure that any charges was indeed issued or if this charge is still valid ?
If I come back to USe and start living in another state, would this SOL locate me ? I am
fine to pay back, however, I would like to find out if this would lead to complications
such as arrest, fines, etc.

To the worst what could happen when I return ? I am not returning to the same state. Could they still arrest me ? The shop to which I issued the check is still there in that name.

On the same day I issued the check to the shop, I had closed my bank account also. So
I am not sure if this would fall under "bad check" or "invalid check" as my account was
closed at the same time.

After 1996, I have visited US about 20 times but all for short periods of 2 weeks to 3 months. I never had any issues with customs at that time, but I never had to open any bank accounts or apply for cards or issue local checks. I never had to use my social
security number.

But now I am planning to stay for 3 years. So could any one tell me what could
happen.

I checked with Experian and my credit standing is good with all credit cards. But
this report does not say anything regarding my bank account.

Can anyone please tell me the worst that can happen due to this and what should I
do if I decide to return back to US and if I receive any notices regarding this.

Thanks,

SukWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: How to make sure that any charges was indeed issued or if this charge is still valid ?

A: Call the sheriff in the county where you did this and ask if there is a warrant out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">