• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank of america

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wagszrx

What is the name of your state? OREGON

I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums on credit cards and CA, Very helpful stuff. I have a credit card with bank of America in my name only, I signed the contract for the card, I am responsible for the debt I owe, which has been turned over to a collection agency. I will deal with that. I put my girlfriends name on the card a few months after I received it so she could use it to. She never signed anything. It was done over the phone. Now that I have defaulted on my payments. . There was my bank of America visa on her credit report. So now she has a bad report on her credit. I am not sure if they can do this to her. And if there not, what can we do to clean up her credit.

I am going to send validation letter to the CA. the bill from the CA is in my name not hers.

Ladynred

You put her name on the card as an authorized user, so yes, that will show up on HER credit report. So, what you need to do is get her name OFF the card if you can. She has no liability for the debt as an authorized user. She can dispute the listing, but if the cc issuer has her name on the account, her dispute will probably fail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">